The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Males vs females (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

*francis
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of *francis
Which is better to use in an act, male or female doves? I'm picking up two new male doves tomorrow. Will they fight? I've got one female. I'm hoping for some babies soon. How long will it take?

Also, I just read the section on breeds. I have what we down here call "laughing doves". They are pure white, smallish, rounded fan-when-fly tail. Also, they laugh. What is your American equivilent?

Thanks guys.

Francis
*question or comment from Francis Chouler - magician from across the seas in South Africa
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5005 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Francis, male or female is usually a personal preference. I think most workers seem to like females as they are calmer and often smaller. I personally use both in my act.

Two males in the same cage will fight. They are very territorial. They may seem fine at first but then all of a sudden it's a war for space. That of course is if you keep them in a small cage. A large aviary or outdoor cage gives them more space and the fighting is limited or non existent.

If one mates with your female, and there's no guarantee, they start laying eggs. A fertile egg usually takes about 21 days to hatch and then 6 weeks for it to be on it's own.
Where the magic begins
*francis
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of *francis
Thanks

Francis
*question or comment from Francis Chouler - magician from across the seas in South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Males vs females (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL