The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Showoff With Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1894 Posts

Profile of iamslow
So is every single move that Superhands releases is original?? Ive seen a clip of houdini doing manipulations, and he did a packet vanish with a fan.. very similar to the flipback vanish... The only difference was the packet wasnt resting on the back of his hand... he was holding on to it. Just a question guys, Because De'vo does it his way, isn't this still the same packet vanish??
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
559 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
Uh oh.....Glad I didn't ask this question.
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
279 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
Its just a question guys... I come in peace Smile But what constitutes a move or routine as being original?? Where is the fine line drawn?? for example, if you were doing a charlier cut, with different finger placement, does this make it a new move or the same move done incorrectly?? Like I said, Im not trying to start a big feud here, just want to set the record straight for all to understand..
Caution
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Caution
Quote:
On 2004-11-23 00:15, iamslow wrote:
So is every single move that Superhands releases is original?? Ive seen a clip of houdini doing manipulations, and he did a packet vanish with a fan.. very similar to the flipback vanish... The only difference was the packet wasnt resting on the back of his hand... he was holding on to it. Just a question guys, Because De'vo does it his way, isn't this still the same packet vanish??

Nope, it's not the same vanish but it is a packet vanish. There are many of them. Magic Fakers should of called it the packet vanish.LOL Not the flipback vanish.LOL Point is that magic fakers took De'vo's flipback move, method of vanishing it off the back of the hand, and even the name he used without permission.
Mike
UBKuel, IBkuel.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1894 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I totally agree with your point Caution, however, I did read on another post that De'vo gave them the Ok to include it... I wish he would have watched the video first, then mabee he wouldnt of given permission to include it..
Caution
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Caution
He didn't give them the ok to include it. It was already included and the DVD done when he talked to them. He told them he wouldn't sue them for putting them out or something like that.
Mike
UBKuel, IBkuel.
Antz
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Antz
Yep that's true Caution.
In case you haven't seen De'vo's post:
http://p210.ezboard.com/fsuperhandzfrm55......49.topic

De' just thought it wasn't worth his time and that it was too much of a hassle to pursue any further.

Antz
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1894 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Yo, Antz, thanks for posting that up bro... it answers a lot of questions that I asked about in this forum, but never got an answer....
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of 30210162
Quote:
On 2004-11-23 18:30, trickster2000 wrote:
if you were doing a charlier cut, with different finger placement, does this make it a new move or the same move done incorrectly??

Try doing it like how Rob teaches, and try doing it with your index finger. Then only will you understand why people who bought the DVD are p****** off.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Showoff With Cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL