The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Cleaning Close Up Pads (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Keith Yeung
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Keith Yeung
I have one of those velvet type close up pads (the foldable one from magicwarehouse actually)

Anyway, its texture is much like those close up tables / nice carpets?

I've owned it for about a year now and was thinking of finally cleaning it. I was wondering what other magicians thought. Do you vacuum your close up pad like a regular carpet?

Adding water and soaking that up doesn't sound like a very nice solution either....

Thanks for suggestions in advance
Keith
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I just use some dishsoap and water and scrub by hand, rinse well, then let it dry. It looks great, but takes a day or two to dry.
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
It depends on how dirty it is. Most of the time, all I need to use is a lint roller, it works well for most of my troubles.

Rmax Goodwin
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
WalterZ
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of WalterZ
If you don't have a roller, just use tape to remove the residues and the like. It works great for removing dust that gets embedded into the fabric. Just make sure you don't use very sticky tape or you'll damage the velvet.
~WalterZ~

Themystifier.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Cleaning Close Up Pads (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL