The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy Writing Secrets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheHelpingHand
View Profile
New user
New York
80 Posts

Profile of TheHelpingHand
I'd like to submit a suggestion to ANYBODY who wants to have ANY humor in their patter. This is one of the most profound books I have ever read and indeed will take your comedy to a new level. It's called Comedy Writing Secrets, and although it's only available in major book stores, I highly recommend picking it up.
- Dan the Man
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Dan. Glad you are lending a helping hand by providing that info. Who is the author of "Comedy Writing Secrets"?

Regan
Mister Mystery
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
I own that book, have read it twice, and had considered suggesting it myself. It's by Melvin Helitzer and is published by the prolific Writer's Digest Books of Cincinnati, Ohio, publishers of (duh) Writer's Digest. The shelf price is $16.99.

Helitzer teaches Humor Writing at Ohio University and his course is so popular that students actually have to sign up a year in advance and then audition to get into the class! I highly recommend the book.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks CamelotFX.

Regan
Mister Mystery
TheHelpingHand
View Profile
New user
New York
80 Posts

Profile of TheHelpingHand
Even if you don't feel like youre learning anything NEW, you'll find yourself going out the same day and just making jokes that you would never have thought of before. Then read a little more, and you'll make more jokes. It's really amazing.
- Dan the Man
RonCalhoun
View Profile
Special user
Independence, KY USA
597 Posts

Profile of RonCalhoun
You will also want to check this link. It has a lot of other great books.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......24&4
SOHartist
View Profile
Loyal user
Ft. Myers, Florida
211 Posts

Profile of SOHartist
Wow, thanks a bunch! I've been looking for something like this.

Michael
RonCalhoun
View Profile
Special user
Independence, KY USA
597 Posts

Profile of RonCalhoun
Great book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy Writing Secrets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL