The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best Impromptu Trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
tgcramer38
View Profile
New user
Longview, WA
35 Posts

Profile of tgcramer38
I do either David Roths 1 coin routine or rubberband magic including but not limitted to Crazy Man's Handcuffs.
SmoothAM
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of SmoothAM
I'd go with Crazy Man's Handcuffs. I can't think of a better all around impromptu effect. No gimmicks required, can be done surrounded, in any situation, easy to carry at all times, always reliable. Plus, noone can figure this one out. I remember watching the Copperfield special where he did this, before I learned the method, over and over, playing with 2 rubber bands, and never being able to figure out what the heck he did. I played with those bands over a year and no luck! Finally I got Ammar's Classic Renditions Vol. #2, and learned the effect. This effect has it all.
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
I do a "Flying coing" where I tell the spectator that I've taught a coin to fly. Then I say "Fly down" and drop the coin. I say, "See it listened.

I then tell the spectator that the coin can fly up, and do a muscle pass. It works with a half dollar or a silver dollar.
precious
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of precious
An amusing effect that can be done with absolutely no props - even in the nude - is the old "Animal Magnetism", as I call it. Ask someone to hold out his or her palm, face up, which you stroke several times with a palm of your hand, asking the person to resist the downward pressure of your strokes. Maintaining your stroking rhythm, suddenly stop after 5 or 6 strokes, with your palm held 3 to 5 inches (7.5 to 12.5 cm) parallel above the spectator's and her or his hand, due to a conditioned reflex, will rise up and touch your hand, as if by magnetism. Not great magic, but it's fun and is completely impromptu.
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
I use a fun or some would say scary voodoo routine which strings together

Blister effect - to identify a person
Ash or lipstick through hand - to test
Coupe de gras - pulse stop - to check their power

All impromptu with a logical flow which uses a lot of facts about voodoo (Vodun) and is introduced via recent advances in science and human genome markers Smile

Thinking of enhancing it using a photo lens brush to blow out a candle just wish I could exstinguish a candle via an impromptu method ???
catch you later

Clarioneer
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
Try the Wonderland Bill. Easy to carry, simple to perform, repeatable and fun for the spectators. It is not magic but is magical.
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
One of my favorites is "Perigrinating Halves" from Bobo's Modern Coin Magic. I always carry the coins plus the sophisticated piece of magical technology that makes it all possible. My other Always Carry piece is "Be Switched," the transposition of a $5 and $1 bill.
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
DYL
View Profile
New user
Sheffield, UK
73 Posts

Profile of DYL
I find I get great reactions with a coin force, using 5 different coins.
I leave the prediction face down before I start naming the coin, and either heads or tails.
So simple, yet gets me great reactions.
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
I carry a few cards in my wallet and perform Gemini Twins or Dr. Daley's Last Trick.

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Slydini's Flight of the Paper Balls is an excellent routine for a group setting. A T&R napkin with the sucker finish can be set up in seconds. A bill switch without a TT can come in very handy, especially if seated at a table.

Printing your business card doing a paddle handling is good and makes them remember you. Equivoque, if done well, looks like the real thing, no question about it. And any of the Georgia Magnet routines (which use only your body) can be completely baffling.

Just some additions.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Ricardo_magician
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Ricardo_magician
Hi I love my lacky band routine its a good one. I do that heaps espicially I work in an aquarium shop and there is lackys there all the time and customers ask me to show them a trick. its great.
Ricardo the Magician
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
A good old Sach's Dice rendition always pleases. I never leave home without my two little dice. lol
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8409 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Balducci Lev, if the angle problem is ok.
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
I have rubeer bands for crazy mans handcuffs. There is always paper around so I do spongeballs routine using paper instead. Someone always has a coin, quick coin routine is easy to do. Just to name a few possibilities.
Life of Magic!
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Re-Cap by Gregory Wilson. Rubber band handcuffs. PK Pen.
Brad Lancaster
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Brad Lancaster
Hands down "The Ring Thing" by Garrett is probably the most visually appealling impromptu quick effect
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
I belive one of the most beautiful pieces of impromptu magic is..
The Muscle Pass..

Stunning and impossible for laymen to understand.

Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
If you wear a ring and have an elastic then PINNACLE is really good...
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
fightcps
View Profile
New user
New York
7 Posts

Profile of fightcps
I always carry Kollosal Killer in my wallet. There are a number of different ways it can be presented (card trick, mentalism) and it always kills. PK time is great as well.
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Colins across in the spectators handsif I have to borrow the props. CMH variation. Any type of billet mentalism stuff. the banachek or osterlind watch routines are also killer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best Impromptu Trick? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL