The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best Impromptu Trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
I agree, If you can do a good Muscle pass, That is great!!!!!!
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
Franmonet
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Franmonet
My vote is the vanishing silk use a TT.
Heck is for people who don't believe in gosh
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
I carry a shoelace and string in a coin purse for Dan Turcotte's ring/string routine. I also have a couple of half-dollars for a brief coin routine, and some rubber bands for CMHC. A pen works for Gregory Wilson's "Re-Capped" as well as just wadding up paper or using some other objects for Wilson's Pitch and Ditch.

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
Richc98
View Profile
New user
Orange Park, Fl
71 Posts

Profile of Richc98
I too like performing the "Re-capped". Also I perform "crazy man handcuff", "paper balls over the head", "penetrating magic maker caps", "Jumping match or paper clip", "money roll", "wonderland bill" kept in my wallet, and a couple coin sleights to include "Toll Free". I always try to use something that is lying around.
U.S. Army Retired Soldier for Life - SFC
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I like productions, but then again, I almost always wear a sport coat.
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
John_Cassell
View Profile
New user
Perth, West Australia
14 Posts

Profile of John_Cassell
Because I usually have a pen with me, I do "Coin in pen cap", don't remember who by. David Roth's "Hanging Coins" is also good as I always have pocket change.
When I carry specific items, Paul Harris's Reality twister and Vitamin M.
optimystik
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of optimystik
I finally remember (after 5 months) the name of the impromptu book by Ken Weber..."Lifesavers". Many impromptu effects that are very creative and off the beaten path. Hard to find but Worth finding a copy of this fantastic book .
Stephen
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
Superman,a surprising vanish and reappearance of small paper balls/peanuts-from a beginners book-The Amazing Book of Magic Tricks by Jon Tremaine.It's really good.
Andre
fredrux
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of fredrux
Quote:
On 2005-05-20 19:22, optimystik wrote:
I finally remember (after 5 months) the name of the impromptu book by Ken Weber..."Lifesavers". Many impromptu effects that are very creative and off the beaten path. Hard to find but Worth finding a copy of this fantastic book .
Stephen

Lifesavers is indeed a fantastic book and I´m glad You finally remembered it.
I think You mean Michael Weber though,
Ken Weber is the writer of the Five-Minute Mysteries :,)

Best Regards Fredrik
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1260 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
I love "Pile of Change" by Richard Sanders which is on the first DVD of The Richard Sanders Show and it's also in the latest issue of Genii. You turn a spectator's penny into a quarter and then give them the quarter to keep, but you don't lose any money when you perform it. Totally impromptu, you don't need to have anything on you.
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I would have to say Pinnicale, I normally always have a rubberband and a ring with me. Also it works great with keyrings. If I have nothing then I just turn my feet around backwards.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Quote:
On 2005-03-09 01:43, Brad Lancaster wrote:
Hands down "The Ring Thing" by Garrett is probably the most visually appealling impromptu quick effect

Hey Brad
Is that anything like "rhing thing' by Vince Mendoza?
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
Somehow the double jummping rubber bands amazes people
optimystik
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of optimystik
Yes, Michael Webers... "Lifesavers"
Thanks Frederik,

Stephen

Thanks Frederik,

Its been 3 months since you corrected me on this thread. I wish I had more free time to visit this site more often.
Stephen
jedoonatmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
FL/residing temp. TX
228 Posts

Profile of jedoonatmagic
Wow...I'm seeing a lot of post on rubberbands. Does everyone wear rubberbands on their wrist everytime they leave the house? Anyways, I'm not hating on that, I love rubberbands. You can almost get at least 15mins. if not more of magic out of them. Ummmm...., my favorite has always been to borrow a quarter from someone. I ask them if their able eo keep a secret, and they normally say yes. Then I tell them that I had recently been to NASA's Space Center and had found something rather interesting, the world smallest and strongest magnet. Then I just go into the anti-gravity coin thing. I do it once vertically and horizontally. Then you can do a coin thru hand, coin from your hand to their pocket,etc. You can do a bunch of stuff with just the one borrowed coin.
One for the money...., 2 for a pass..., 3 for a Fly..., and 4 for matrix!
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Dough! by Jay Sankey is great impromtu office trick.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Martin Joseph
View Profile
New user
UK
70 Posts

Profile of Martin Joseph
Another vote here for crazy mans handcuffs, it's a great effect that slays. I'm also partial to some spoon bending and on the theme of cutlery there's a great effect in Weber's 'Lifesavers' which sees you sit at a table to dine, your companion notes that there is no spoon at their place setting. To rectify this the performer magically splits his own spoon into two. Simple but effective.
tlfdoc
View Profile
New user
Appleton, WI
27 Posts

Profile of tlfdoc
A bill switch can be done virtually impromptu and is a great effect in restaurants, bars, or anywhere you can borrow a bill.

One of my favorite card effects is the torn and restored card, which can be done almost impromptu (see Expert Card Technique for a couple methods).

Greg Wilson has some pretty effective impromptu tricks on his videos On the Spot. Stevens Magic also put out some tapes on Impromptu Magic that were pretty good.

tlfdoc
Martin Joseph
View Profile
New user
UK
70 Posts

Profile of Martin Joseph
Didn't Tom Mullica put out three videos on impromtu years back? Anyone seen them?
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4857 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
At a moments notice, a one coin routine, Pinnacle ( 3 phase rubberband effect), transposition of my ring and a coin (it's in my new book).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best Impromptu Trick? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL