The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Toothpick Twister by Joe Porper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3558 Posts

Profile of emyers99
While I may think the price is a bit high, it does sound very interesting. Has anyone actually seen it performed? I remember the old toothpick paddle from when I was a kid and I loved it.
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
I say, PICK this toothpick effect.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Porper did it for Paul Green today and Green said, "This is so much better than any other paddle of this type I have seen."
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3558 Posts

Profile of emyers99
What is the difference between this and the other two toothpick paddles that Porper offers on his site for $37.50. One is a paddle and one is like a hot rod.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1128 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
The quote in Pete Biro's message above is accurate. This is a great trick and will definately go into my strolling repertoire.

Regards,

Paul Green
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4836 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I must say, this is the best paddle effect I have seen, its amazing and it fools the hell out of sceptical people. Today I tried the paddle for the first time and it was a joy to do. The paddle looks great, its the perfect design!!!

When I was a junior I had a similar paddle, but, you couldn't examine the paddle and that was a bad concept. Porpers design is outstanding, he makes almost real magic! The leather carrying case makes this trick perfect as a "always" ready to do miracle directly from your pocket!!

Watch a photo:
http://www.porperoriginals.com/paddle_toothpicktwister.htm
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2103 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Doowopper, is yours the version where you take out the toothpick and have the spectator try it and it closes? It's brass...I used to have one too.
samdan
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of samdan
Looks great. What is difficulty level?
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4836 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Easy. But you still need some practise to make the twist look "smooth" & natural.
If you can roll a pen between your fingers I think you can do this excellent trick. If you don't know the "secret" you will probably never understand how it works. The paddle looks like a long lasting prop that you can use almost forever.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1328 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I just bought one from a member and absolutely love it! This is definitely something I will use! A close-up effect made to last forever with plenty of audience participation under impossible conditions! At the conclusion you hand it out for examination! What else could you possibly ask for?
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1328 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Does anyone know where I can buy replacement toothpicks for Joe Porper's Toothpick Twister? Standard sized toothpicks are too small and fall right out. Thank you.
scottjenkins
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of scottjenkins
Hey Richard,
I just saw this post. It's hard to figure out "standard" toothpicks as everyone and his kid brother seems to make them a different size. PM me and I'll tell you a simple workaround that you can use.
Scott
Scott Jenkins
Magician Member of the AMA
Joe Porper's partner!
danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
252 Posts

Profile of danny
I acquired this in a job lot of magic...it came with no instructions and I have no idea how it works or what I am supposed to do!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Toothpick Twister by Joe Porper (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL