The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » World's Greatest Magic 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
In the show World's Greatest Magic 2, I saw a man make a puppet catch a card from a full deck that was thrown in the air what was his name?

Also in the show a man sat in front of a table and did some tricky things with cards, coins and drinks. Where can I learn all that?

Wikiro Smile
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
Are you talking about the guy who had (Rocky the Racoon) catch the card?

The second guy your mentioned I believe is Lennart Green. He has a 3 vid set here:

http://themagicwarehouse.com/videos7.html#vi9155
hope this helps
Gary
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
I think so, and I don't think it was Lennart. But I might be wrong.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
It was the show with Peter Marvey. Peter made cards and stuff come out of his hands.

Wikrio Smile

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
is it the one "It Cant be Done Any Slower"??? if so that was Rene Leveland
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
I dont know. All I remember was Peter Marvey producing cards, a guy using a puppet and doing nicely, A theif, and a guy doing some really cool vanishes with cards, coins and a glass of wine. Also at the end a man made a group of ladies disappear (i think show girls).

Wikiro Smile

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
are you sure it wasnt Lennart Green's lazer deal?
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
I dont think it was even World's Greatest Magic 2. I found out this was aired in 1995 Im thinking of the one that was aired I think last year. Ive searched and search but I dont know what the show is called.

The guy that did the vanishing reapearing trick was sitting at a table. It is hard to explain what he did and all I can tell you is he kept switching from cards to coins and to a glass filled with wine over and over again and every time he switched the first item would dissapear.

Wikiro Smile

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
216 Posts

Profile of Ronin
The guy at the table with the cards, coins and wine glasses was named Vallarino.

I'd guess that the "puppet" act was David Williamson, doing his Rocky Raccoon routine.
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
Thank you ronin thats him.

What was that show anyway?

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
216 Posts

Profile of Ronin
The Vallarino performance was definitely a "Worlds Greatest Magic" special (at least, I'm not aware of any other US TV appearances he's made). I THINK it was WGM IV. I'm not even sure if Williamson was on the same one (I know that Williamson did Rocky on "Champions of Magic" and "Magicians Favorite Magicians" also).

If this is really keeping you up nights, email me and I can maybe go through my videotape collection and see if I can figure out exactly which WGM special it was.
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
Kallak
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Kallak
If it was the same one as Peter Marvey, it was WGM 3

Kallak Smile
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
Before the show girls were vanished he did a cups and balls act.

Wikiro Smile

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
David Williamson is one of my favorite comedy magicians! I use the Rocky Racoon, but not near as well as David. If your intrested in his stuff, I highly recomend his video, "Dave 2, More Magic and Laughs". I don't own the first one he made, but I'm sure it's good too.

Justin Smile Smile
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
here ya go i was getting there u jst didnt explain it well

http://www.mymagic.com/dvd/dvd-vallarino.htm

"Jean-Pierre Vallarino performs and explains, 'Champagne,' the act he used to win the FISM Close-Up competition in 1991. Part of the act was also performed on the World's Greatest Magic III television special. You will learn a choreographed act using cards, coins, bills and champagne glasses which are produced along the way.

All DVDs contain multi-region encoding and can be played worldwide. Languages: English and French. Produced by L&L Publishing. Running time: Approximately 80 minutes. Original release date: VHS: 1994, DVD: May 2002.
US $34.95"

Gary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » World's Greatest Magic 2 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL