The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Best on-line store for magic books in Europe? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stig
View Profile
New user
Oslo, Norway
79 Posts

Profile of Stig
When I search the Net for magic literature I often end up in American book stores. The shipping is cheaper within Europe. Which on line shop in Europe do you prefer when ordering magic books?

Thanx!

Stig
thecardman
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
218 Posts

Profile of thecardman
Magic Books By Post are a good option. You can visit them at their website.

They are based in Bristol, England and seem to have virtually every English-language magic book in print at the moment.

Good luck!

Peter
:)
My new manuscript, "The Difficult Second Album", is now available at www.thecardman.co.uk
Stig
View Profile
New user
Oslo, Norway
79 Posts

Profile of Stig
Thanx Peter!

I just ordered "The Commercial Magic of J.C. Wagner" and Harry Lorayne's "My Favourite Card Tricks"

Stig
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Magic Books By Post might be good, but they take their time!
And they principially don't answer emails..
And then read what they post, IF and WHEN they care to answer a query :

The fastest way to find if a book is in stock is to order it if it is on our website. Firm orders take priority. We get many enquiries and these must
wait until orders are completed.
Nice and friendly service?

I don't know.. !!!!

This is the first time I got a responce like this from any store I ordered stuff from, after sending 3 or 4 emails for again asking IF they really did have the book in stock nobody else has..

My question wasn't tHAT stupid, as a lot of sites on the net still have that book at their site, but NOT in stock as it is out of print..
No point in f.ex. sending money off via PayPal and then finding out it's not deliverable..

So, why not asking first??

Looks to me they don't fancy to get emails and answering a simple question!

I'll NOT order from them again..

I'm a customer, and I pay the price in advance..
Sooooo...I like to get treated as a customer!!!

I know one can be busy, but in this case MY responce would be:

Sorry for the delay in responding Smile ...that would be my first words..and NOT what they answerd after 3 or 4 polite emails!
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
hitmouse
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of hitmouse
Quote:
On 2004-11-17 14:47, Werner G. Seitz wrote:
Magic Books By Post might be good, but they take their time!
And they principially don't answer emails..
And then read what they post, IF and WHEN they care to answer a query :

The fastest way to find if a book is in stock is to order it if it is on our website. Firm orders take priority. We get many enquiries and these must
wait until orders are completed.
Nice and friendly service?

I don't know.. !!!!

This is the first time I got a responce like this from any store I ordered stuff from, after sending 3 or 4 emails for again asking IF they really did have the book in stock nobody else has..

My question wasn't tHAT stupid, as a lot of sites on the net still have that book at their site, but NOT in stock as it is out of print..
No point in f.ex. sending money off via PayPal and then finding out it's not deliverable..

So, why not asking first??

Looks to me they don't fancy to get emails and answering a simple question!

I'll NOT order from them again..

I'm a customer, and I pay the price in advance..
Sooooo...I like to get treated as a customer!!!

I know one can be busy, but in this case MY responce would be:

Sorry for the delay in responding Smile ...that would be my first words..and NOT what they answerd after 3 or 4 polite emails!

I have never had any problems with MBBP, and I have found their service to be immaculate. They have always been incredibly fast sending out the order by return of post. If you order a book which is not in stock, a letter is sent out letting you know if/when it will be available: this costs nothing at all.

The website and the service are no-frills, but very efficient, and the stock is second to none. It is an idiosyncratic operation run out of a house in Bristol by one couple. I think it is great.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
If it's listed it's generally in stock, an incredible amount of stock too. As has been stated, it's run by one couple, and Don had serious health problems last year, which might have been the cause of a few delays.

I've never had problems with them and have made many purchases since they set up in business over 20 years ago.

Paul.
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1651 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
I've dealt with MBBP a few times.

And their service has invariably been efficient and prompt.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
555 Posts

Profile of Nick23
They are also currently selling off all their videos very cheap. I got some John Carney tapes for £10 each!
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
TOday I ordered my first books from them. Let´s see how long it takes....

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Best on-line store for magic books in Europe? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL