The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Richard Sanders Show Real Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Gonna get Vol2. and 3 in a wk's time. Keep you guys updated by then.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
And waiting...
Keith Yeung
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Keith Yeung
I got Volume 2 finally
I'd say its really quite similar to the other two volumes and nothing new in there (variations of those themes)

Nothing too groundbreaking here
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
....okay...tat doesn't sound too enticing..
levitate
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of levitate
Alright I got volume 2, I couldn't wait for a review lol.

Rising is really a pretty good effect, and one I didn't find very hard. It plays pretty much like it reads, except you cover the deck with a hankercheif (not the top, they do actually see it come up, but you never actually contact the deck with your hnad cause the hankercheif is in between.

Mr stickman was ok, basically you draw a stickman and he jumps from card to card until he lands on the signed card. I didn't care for it, but not a bad effect either.

King thing was a really nice way to do open traelers. The set up takes some time but its worth it - especially with it being no palming.

Time travel bill is great, especially the idea he gives about the serial number (torn bill, old, to new bill, mint condition, same serial) the effect is incredible to begin with, but the principle he provides may be even better.

Slow mo aces is like mcdonalds aces, minus the gaffs. I really liked this routine, its very fair and not too hard to do.

I didn't really understand what he was getting at with bill to anywhere (ts a principle only, not an exact effect necesarily) but whatever.

Gone is great, but it doesn't play like it reads, that is it doesn't work every time as shown in performance. I liked the idea (nothing new) but this is one I'd be cautious about doing.

All in all this dvd was very solid, I'd definately recomend this to anyone, but its not something you can't live without.

Michael
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
Just curious, levitate, but didn't you say the stickman trick was on volume 3? Or is it a different stickman trick. All I know is you can never have too many stickman tricks.

Best,

Al
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
This set of dvds,after the series of reviews sounds like a mediocre set of dvds at best. Hmm, well I guess I just have to wait for my own set to arrive before I post my own objective reviews. Tsk..tsk..Thanx guys anyway, for the time and effort in writing the reviews and for responding to my thread.
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
Lonewolf123-

These dvds are anything but mediocre. While Vol 2 is certainly the weak sister of the bunch, the entire set is very good. In addition to having strong material, these dvds are very well shot and the effects are explained in full detail. I think you will enjoy this set, but look forward to your review.

Cheers,

Tiki
Keith Yeung
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Keith Yeung
Tiki is right. Vol. 2 is the weak one but I stand by Vol. 3 its got some really strong material on that one.
levitate
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of levitate
The stickman effect on 2 is different. They are good, I really like his style, but they are no osterlind dvds to draw a comparison. I'm sure there are better dvds to spend your money on if you look, but I don't think you would be at all dissapointed with these.

Michael
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Alright juz got my dvds and watched the performance sections only. I take back my words. These dvds have some really good usable, practical magic out there. I have seen a lot of magic tricks and own many magic dvds but most of these tricks fooled me in its workings and Richard's performance is just fun to watch. Check out the trick called 'Castle Purse' where he performs a snap change during an ambitious card routine prior to the effect before he reveals the 'secret card'...unbelievably cool. Simply awesome handling man..i was blown away. All in all. Great set of dvds and definitely worth the money. 8/10 for me.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
K just to add a few more comments. After reviewing Vol 2 and Vol.3 over the past 2 weeks meticulously, I can reassure you that Richard Sander's tricks are really practical and any magician is bound to find some usable material in them. As aforementioned by others that Vol 2. is the weak sister of the bunch, I beg to differ. This dvd has some real gems in it. In my opinon, 'Aces Alive'-a 4 ace revelation is just so cool and flourishy that it is worth the price of the dvd alone. Also, after the 4 aces are revealed, you can carry on to perform 'Biddle Aces'- a MacDonald's Aces trick except without the gaffs. Just how cool is that? Well it is really as Richard mentioned a very neat way of doing the Michael Ammar classic but just as clean and mindboggling. This dvd should not be overlooked and in my opinion, it is definitely on par with the 3rd dvd which contains some ingenious routines that are carefully scripted.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
I think this DVD is just OK. A lot of usable materials but somehow I didn't go WOW. Maybe I;m thinking too much like a magician. I love the Double Bill-Switch and the Stickman though!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Say, who sells these DVDs?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Most dealers would have been selling them by now. The cheapest I've found so far was from Elmwood Magic.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Well I went wow a couple of times..haha..I guess you are too cynical of magic as a magician already. After sometime, nothing fools magicians or hobbiyists anymore as they will only think in terms of methodology and stuff. Sad to say.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
I think so! Think LAYMEN HAZ THINK LAYMEN!!!
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
By the way, I think the 4 Stickman trick is worth the price of the DVD!!
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Its awesome!..my favourite is 'Aces Alive'..juz absolutely practical and improptu, very stunning to laymen too.
HypnoticQueen
View Profile
New user
Quebec
52 Posts

Profile of HypnoticQueen
Hey Keith Yeung thx for your reviews , looks like its all good stuff innit gonna buy it thanks again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Richard Sanders Show Real Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL