The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Richard Sanders Show Real Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mcmc
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of mcmc
His Close-up assassin booklet+video combo is good too, if you can find it - since it's VHS I got it for $10, plus it explains and illustrates all the effects on the video, in the booklet - great for reading on the run (I haven't even watched the video yet!). It has a lot of the material written above, plus his handling of the signed bill to lemon, and a couple others (including a few stickmen routines).

I find Richard's handlings to be clean and motivated, his 'effect' and revelations to be powerful, and a great pro-class magician all around.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
3 Words: Get Them All!
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2005-01-04 13:27, mcmc wrote:
His Close-up assassin booklet+video combo is good too, if you can find it - since it's VHS I got it for $10, plus it explains and illustrates all the effects on the video, in the booklet - great for reading on the run (I haven't even watched the video yet!). It has a lot of the material written above, plus his handling of the signed bill to lemon, and a couple others (including a few stickmen routines).

I find Richard's handlings to be clean and motivated, his 'effect' and revelations to be powerful, and a great pro-class magician all around.

Where did you purchase this for $10? I really want this for his bill in lime routine.

Thanks in advance...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
orbit17
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of orbit17
I think this is an amazing 3 dvd set - be sure to try out The Audio Vanish
lots of applications are possible
unclejim
View Profile
New user
uk
3 Posts

Profile of unclejim
Just adding my opinion that the 4 Stickman trick is superb... A relativly simple 4 card packet trick that could easily sell on its own. If you like the ideas behind Cardtoon then this is a natural addition.
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
Just clarifying, Uncle Jim. Do you mean the stickman trick in volume 3. I think there's also one in volume one.

Best,

Al
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
Stickman is fun, but Sanders' card to mouth is simply amazing. This is a great dvd set.

Cheers,

Tiki
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
I didn't manage to purchase dvd 1 of Sander's set as opinions on this Café weren't that positive towards it. But I'm beginning to get enticed as you mentioned about his 'card to mouth trick'. How good is that trick as compared to the other tricks in his dvd set? Is that the only good trick on that dvd? Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
Lonewolf123-

I cant remember which effects were on which dvd. Also, I store all of my dvd's in a binder, not in their original cases. Without going to my storage unit to pull the disc cases, I am not much help. You should be able to find an index to each disc online.

As to the strength of the card to mouth trick, it is simply incredible. Moreover, it is very easy to do. Here is a quick but probably clumsy description of the trick:

You turn your back to the audience, put a deck of cards behind your back and riffle through them until your spectator selects her card by saying "stop." After the everyone sees the selected card, you release the riffle break. Without moving your hands off the deck, you slowly turn around (now facing the specs) and the selected card is now shown in your mouth. You can then spread the deck and show that the spec's card has vanished from the deck. No deck switch involved. Pure genius.

It sounds impossible, but it happens exactly as described. No sleights and nothing complicated. It is a cliche, but this effect alone is worht the price of the dvd. Sanders should have released this as a stand-alone effect. It is that good.

Cheers,

Tiki
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
I agree with Tiki, the Card to Mouth effect is excellent. It looks so fair - you simply turn around as you hold the deck behind your back. At no point does it seem like a card could reach your mouth. I had an idea in mind for the method before watching the DVD, but I was way off -- Richard's handling is so simple and fair.

There's a load of great stuff on these DVD's. Lots of ideas to expand upon too. I'm extremely pleased with this set.
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
From the reviews it seems to be a good set to buy.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Thanks guys for the advice. Much appreciated =).
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
It uses the same gaff in the trick 'discovered' right?...haha
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Richard Sanders Show Real Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL