We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Stacked marked deck (are they available) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jezza
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of jezza
I was thinking when I was learning the breakthru card system that surely it would be so much easier to have a stacked marked deck with the markings marking the next card and thus not having to remember a system and also not having to glimpse ,
surely this has been done ?
whats a good marking system
Nick Pudar
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Nick Pudar
The best way (in my thinking) is to use a memorized deck with the Ted Lesley marking system. Instead of marking the cards with the card name, use the stack value. That way, you can do any of the calculations and adjustments more quickly and naturally.

Using a marked and memorized deck is very powerful.

Nick
Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
www.stackview.com Version 5.0 is available!
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of mattH
SUM deck
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2477 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Funny, the same type of questions keep on coming up. I agree that the Lesley marking system (or Boris Wild) system is very good if you are close to the cards.

If you want to be able read marks from several feet away, then you must use "shade" (juice or luminous) solutions or pre-marked decks.

Try:

http://www.marked-cards.com

Enjoy!
Long Island,

New York
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4399 Posts

Profile of Paul
Yep, as Matt suggested, Roy Johnson's SUM deck has been on the market several years. Another newer one is Becker and Earl's "Devil's Deck". The latter uses the Osterling system.

Paul.
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of mattH
The philosophical point really is if its stacked does it need to be marked..a p**k will clue you in..
unless in some way reading another card then clues you in to card out of view..but it marginal I think
BCS and memorise and your HnD
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1193 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Dear Jezza,

The SUM deck should do exactly what you need. By looking at the back of the card, you can not only tell the identity of that card but of the card above and below it. In the package that Martin Lewis sells there is a VERY clever routine that makes excellent use of this principle...a real fooler!

I hope this helps,
Cody S. Fisher

P.S. The instructions also contain a routine by me...but I assure you I have no "financial interest" in the SUM deck...I just gave Martin permission to include my effect in the instructions!
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of jezza
Excellant I will look out for the sum deck (Martin lewis seems to come up with some great ideas) I have been looking at cardiograph for stage
ps is the sum deck available in bicycle blue
Edmund_Fitzgerald
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Edmund_Fitzgerald
I will suggest that Osterlind's BCS is a very thorough system in and of itself.

Therefore, although you could supplement it with memorization or markings, these are really not required. (You could always just mark a deck using Ted Lesley's system, then arrange it into the BCS stack.) There are several long and sometimes volatile strings of postings on Magic Café that debate BCS vs a memorized deck, including the clear and direct replies from Mr. Osterlind: you don't need to memorize the BCS.
---Magic: Its priceless. Its inside you. ---
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
The Deland's Automatic deck comes to mind. The top card identifies the position of any named card.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Mr. Osterlind himself has just released a system for memorizing his Breakthrough Card System stack. It costs ten bucks and is available on his web site.

I plan to get it and look it over very soon.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Larry Becker's new Demon Deck is stacked in the BCS and marked in a diabolical way! You should check it out. I don't know the website offhand, but you can search for it. Or maybe someone will chime in here with further details about it!

Richard
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
I sugges you a stripper deck!
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
stevesmagic
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of stevesmagic
The demon deck that Richard is talking about is available in the UK at http://www.cards4magic.co.uk Don't know about the states.
to the blue sky at the top of the hill...
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1394 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Larry Becker is a true gentleman and his products are first class!! His website is http://www.mentalismunlimited.com Demon Deck is on show here under the name "banned"
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I also recommend the SUM Deck. I don't know much about the Demon Deck. It's looks similiar to the SUM Deck as far as markings. It's looks good. If you can memorize the Osterland System, I'd suggest that. However the SUM DECK, is one I use, is very easy to use. Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I remember buying a deck that was a marked, organized, and stripper deck all in one. The cards were covered in tiny clocklike shapes, so that you could easily find any card in the deck just by viewing the back of the first card. It was remarkably quality, and still fans well to this day. (and it was only 6 bucks!) I can't remember the name but I found it in a local toyshop.
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of jezza
Thanks everyone superb advice ( I am going to make my own stack and mark it either with ted lesleys method ) or my own
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Quote:
On 2004-11-22 00:04, Jordini wrote:
I remember buying a deck that was a marked, organized, and stripper deck all in one. The cards were covered in tiny clocklike shapes, so that you could easily find any card in the deck just by viewing the back of the first card. It was remarkably quality, and still fans well to this day. (and it was only 6 bucks!) I can't remember the name but I found it in a local toyshop.

That's the Deland's Deck If you look at thre border on the ends you'll see it written there.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Stacked marked deck (are they available) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL