The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » David Blaine and Criss Angel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
chrisrkline
View Profile
Special user
Little Rock
965 Posts

Profile of chrisrkline
He has done, what, four TV specials? What does he do now? It is OK to like what he has done on his TV specials, but this obsession is weird. You can't judge him, good or bad, on a handful of TV specials.
Chris
Bill Douglas
View Profile
New user
El Paso, TX
90 Posts

Profile of Bill Douglas
David Blaine = $$$
Criss Angel = $$$
Me = broke/poor

The guys are getting plublicity, fame, and magicians love to talk about them too.
Laugh all the way to the bank dudes. If they want to argue that's cool too. As far as their kung fu being stinky or not they have entertained probably millions so chops are irrelevant.

The best magician in the world is some guy most people have never heard of. It's my Uncle Neal who pulled a quarter out of my ear and got me to laugh and be amazed at the same time.

A quality moment is far more valuable than a corrupt lifetime. (think about it)
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Again..... Money does not define a good or great magician. Money= Great Marketing!!!!
Loyal-tom
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Loyal-tom
Iam not sure who cheated in which ever stunt,but personally I prefer criss's much more, they are more increadble and weird,+ it would be extreamly hard to cheat in any of his stunts, I mean you cant pretend to set yourself on fire, or pretend to have 8 hooks through your back

peace out
irishguy
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
629 Posts

Profile of irishguy
I am not saying he did cheat, but yes you can fake being on fire and having hooks put through your back. Almost anything can be faked.
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
Magicians=liars
illusionists-cheaters
mentalists=fakers.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Why do we throw the word "cheat" arround so readily and so harshly?

David Blaine has had several TV specials. Like him watch him, don't like him change the channel. I happen not to enjoy him so I don't watch. I would never call him a cheat.

Did Houdini cheat when he didn't really endanger himself? If you want to know how bad he cheated read The Man Who Walked Through Walls. David Blaine is nothing compared to this. Do you really expect the man to endanger himself?

Bottom line is he is good for magic. He creates intrest we all benifit from so I believe we should stop using the word "cheat" and simply change the channel.

Good Luck

Danny
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
Of course Blaine is a cheater. Were all cheaters. How do you think we pull off our tricks?

And if it wasn't for Blaine we would have a lot less magic around here if you know what I mean.
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Has anyone ever wondered who most of the negative comments are coming from about Blaine, except for the Angel, Blaine riff which may or may not be real. I think its fascinating that you won't find to many top "working Magicians" berating Blaine, instead it seems to me and please correct me if I'm wrong but it is the young not so experienced or non working practitioners of magic. What happened to supporting fellow magicians! Magic is like a fraternity, we stick together,learn from one another and hopefully improve our skills from what we learn from each other. Whether Angel or Blaine are or may not be your cup of tea they fascinate thier audiences with magic that suites the individual personalities of each. that's magic and that's showman ship!
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Quote:
On 2005-07-06 00:23, blazes816 wrote:
Of course Blaine is a cheater. Were all cheaters. How do you think we pull off our tricks?

lmao
that's so true though
suppose that no one can lie or cheat. .. or lets say, misdirect and miscall.
thatd be our goddammed day. everyone associated to magic bsiness would go out of business and we ould only have xcm as our only performance type.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » David Blaine and Criss Angel (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL