The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Your most powerful-easiest card trick (55 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..20~21~22 [Next]
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Quote:
On 2007-11-08 07:19, gzhdavid wrote:
Unfortunately, of the few tricks that I've performed, the one that got the best reaction is one who's name I don't remember. The effect is something as follows:

Spectator chooses a card and returns it to the deck after noting it. Magician loses the card in the deck and then proceeds to pull out 5 random cards. Magician goes through the cards face up one by one, asking to spectator to note (but not give out any sign) if her card is present in the five. Spectator confirms it to be so and magician hands over the 5 cards (face down) to the spectator and asks her to place her hand over the cards, think of her card, invisibly remove the card from the 5 and push it into the deck (lying on the table) face up.

Magician then asks spectator to go through her cards - one is missing ... the selected card. The deck is spread out and only one card is lying face up ... the selected card.

So, what is this trick called?

--
David

This is called "The Invisible Card" by Paul Cummins, 'The Biddle Trick" by others. It's a version of Elmer Biddle's Transcendent.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
1. Impossible Revelation from "Close up Card Magic"

2. The Devilish Miracle-my own unpublished handling

3. Bannon's take on the Christ Aces
gzhdavid
View Profile
New user
Shenzhen, China
58 Posts

Profile of gzhdavid
Quote:
This is called "The Invisible Card" by Paul Cummins, 'The Biddle Trick" by others. It's a version of Elmer Biddle's Transcendent.

Ah, thanks folks for clearing it up Smile.

--
David
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Impossible-Larry Jennings

Piece of cake to do(or pie if you prefer), jaws drop, bow.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Quote:
On 2004-11-18 20:47, DaveM wrote:
I used to perform this little routine before playing cards with my friends:

1. Take out the four aces and place them at different positions in the deck.

2. Use the Nash multiple shift to control them to the bottom.

3. Gambler's cop the aces and then hand the deck to spectator for shuffling.

4. Give the deck one shuffle, stacking the aces. I would then cut to them.

*An alternate ending would be to halo cut to the aces instead.

Dave

I wouldn't consider that an easy effect.

The most powerful easy card trick.

I think you are all forgetting how powerful simply forcing a card is. But for my second choice I would agree with Pepka and say signed card to wallet.

Jonathan
Brandon Sheffield
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Brandon Sheffield
I think one the easier things for me to perform, and you want to talk about flooring people, as well as fooling my friends who are into magic. And that's mr Harry Lorayne's lazy mans card trick. The method is so clever and I still remember wondering how in the heck did he do that when I first saw it

Brandon
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
I'm amazed that no one has mentioned Barrie Richardson's Impromptu Card at any Number. This is a killer and can be done any time with any deck.
Mentalism for the Metroplex
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Wow. It's been two years since the last post on this topic. FWIW, the most powerful easy-to-do card trick I can think of is "You Do As I Do" as performed by Jay Ose and (I think) called "Quadruple Coincidence" in _Scarne on Card Tricks_. Back when the movie "Magic" with Anthony Hopkins and Ann-Margret came out, the simple one-card matching "You Do As I Do" was used by Hopkins's character to get Ann-Margret to fall for him. I pattered about how Ann-Margret was swept away by just one card matching and that when I did the trick for the cheerleaders of an NFL team and _three_ cards matched, ALL of the cheerleaders fell for me.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Martinstatic
View Profile
New user
Ireland
21 Posts

Profile of Martinstatic
I don't know if there is a name for this one, but I load myself with 52 cards all over my body (either side of socks, shoes, pockets, inside card boxes etc, everywhere.)
I then ask a spectator to think of any card, and then I pull it out of the random place as if I had predicted it. (They think it's the only card I have on me and don't know about the rest obviously)
It works good but obviously can't do it in front of the same spectator, and does require remembering all the cards' locations. And not to let any other cards flash when I move etc.
This one works well and I came up with it in a few minutes but I'm sure it probably already exists and there is a name to it?
-Sorry for lengthy post, Martin
Note: I probably shouldn't have revealed this method as my friends may well read this..
There are 3 kinds of people in this world; Those who can count, and those who can't.
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
Quote:
On 2009-12-15 07:57, Martinstatic wrote:
I don't know if there is a name for this one, but I load myself with 52 cards all over my body...

And just hope you don't get some smart Alec who asks you for the Joker!

But to the main topic, I would say Barrie Richardson's 'Impromptu Card at any Number' and Peter Duffie's '4-some', which is a variation on 'Gemini Twins' are both wonderful for really minimal technical difficulty.
John Neely
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
280 Posts

Profile of John Neely
Stewart James has some excellent tricks which fit into this category. Check out Remembering the Past. If presented correctly this can be a very amazing trick and yet it is very easy to do. There is absolutely no slieght of hand and it is easy to remember and perform. It is in the Essential Stewart James and Stewert James in Print.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
I don't know if there is a name for this one, but I load myself with 52 cards all over my body (either side of socks, shoes, pockets, inside card boxes etc, everywhere.)
I then ask a spectator to think of any card, and then I pull it out of the random place as if I had predicted it. (They think it's the only card I have on me and don't know about the rest obviously)
It works good but obviously can't do it in front of the same spectator, and does require remembering all the cards' locations. And not to let any other cards flash when I move etc.
This one works well and I came up with it in a few minutes but I'm sure it probably already exists and there is a name to it?
Note: I probably shouldn't have revealed this method as my friends may well read this..

DARN!!! It must be hard to walk or what happens if you drop something and you have to bend down to pick it up???? Smile
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Martinstatic
View Profile
New user
Ireland
21 Posts

Profile of Martinstatic
Quote:
On 2009-12-15 09:24, davidpaul$ wrote:
DARN!!! It must be hard to walk or what happens if you drop something and you have to bend down to pick it up???? Smile

A very awkward squat Smile
There are 3 kinds of people in this world; Those who can count, and those who can't.
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
668 Posts

Profile of Alel
A lot of John Bannon's effects easily falls into this category.

I especially like '51 Fat Chances', 'Dead Reckoning', and 'Timely Departure'.
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Quote:

You could cut this down to 26 cards and use the..."*** I was off by one "...line.
piraino
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of piraino
Quote:
On 2009-12-15 10:06, magicmerlz wrote:

You could cut this down to 26 cards and use the..."*** I was off by one "...line.

Even fewer. Look into Kolossal Killer.
Matze
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Matze
Quote:
On 2009-12-15 10:06, magicmerlz wrote:
Quote:

12 cards is all you need...read kollosal killer
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I have someone pick a card and I find it. You know the one.

Ben
P.s.
I'm a big fan of Triumph... and a simple card change.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1328 Posts

Profile of weapon
I like to do a blindfolded estimation effect.
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Title Bout by Martin Nash. Either that or Blind Aces by Darwin Ortiz. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Your most powerful-easiest card trick (55 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL