The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Eagle Magic (Minneapolis, MN) is moving (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MinnesotaChef
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis,MN
176 Posts

Profile of MinnesotaChef
Eagle Magic in Minneapolis, MN will be relocating in the next few months. The Eagle is the oldest magic store in the country and is losing it's current location due to the building being sold to condo developers. Larry Kahlow, the current owner, is optimistic about the move.
"Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but brothels.There is no point in going into them if one intends to keep one's belt buckled."- Fredric Raphael
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Im glad to hear Eagle is still in business. When I was on the road I stopped by there several times. Thanks for the update.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Is there a address for eagle magic I thought martinka was the oldest.
Wayne Hackler
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Wayne Hackler
I stopped in Eagle on a trip to the Twin Cities last summer. Meeting Larry was a treat, a really funny guy. I had never seen so many old manuscripts and shelves so cluttered with great things in my life. One good thing about the move is Larry will know for sure what he does and doesn't have. I'm sure there are some real gems in there. Any idea where Eagle is moving to?
MinnesotaChef
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis,MN
176 Posts

Profile of MinnesotaChef
Still no word on the new location. Larry is in the pocess of cleaning the store, and remains open until further notice. He has unearthed some real treasures in the cleaning processes.
The adress is 708 Portland Ave
Minneapolis, MN
The website is http://www.eaglemagicstore.com
Once Martinka's closed the Eagle took the title of oldest by a few months.
"Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but brothels.There is no point in going into them if one intends to keep one's belt buckled."- Fredric Raphael
dylan1961
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of dylan1961
I've been going to Larry's for almost 28 years. I was there a few months ago and it still had the same tricks on the shelves, along with the new. GREAT ambience. Great owner. Please let us know the new location!! by the way, I bought a trick from Larry in the 1970's called Hugs and Kisses. It was a coin trick. REWARD offered here for first person to find me and sell me one of the original Hugs and Kisses tricks. I don't want the remake. If it has the extra coins, I break the bank!
email me direct at bushey61@cpinternet.com
Best to Larry and everyone else, John Bushey
MinnesotaChef
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis,MN
176 Posts

Profile of MinnesotaChef
As of April 1, 2005 the new home of the Eagle Magic Store is The Grain Exchange Building on 4th St and 4th Ave in downtown Minneapolis. The store is in the second building on the first floor. The move went smoothly and the new space is great. Larry is looking forward to seenig everyone at the new location.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
And Eagle has a blog !

http://eaglemagic.blogspot.com/
Bill Rubie
View Profile
New user
Baltimore
61 Posts

Profile of Bill Rubie
Nice to Say, I stopped by Eagle a little while ago and what a nice treat, Larry was there and My Fiance and I had a great time. I ALWAYS shop a Brick and Morter when I can. The conversation is priceless. If you are ever at the Mall of America travel the 10 minutes of EASY travel and visit Larry at Eagle.
When a person starts off a factual statement with "They Say"...

Please ask, who are they?

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Eagle Magic (Minneapolis, MN) is moving (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL