The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Needle Thru Arm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Hi:

Just curious what performers of this use on their arms...I've tried a few times using the recommended cement, but find that it either doesn't come off so easily at the end of the trick when I want the "wrap up" for the audience, or is too thick to be deceiving. I've also tried liquid latex but that doesn't match the skin tone and just looks yellow going on....HEEEELP!

--Jon
kristel
View Profile
New user
Quebec, Canada
87 Posts

Profile of kristel
Hi jondark445,
In Andrew Mayne video SHOCK FX, he presents 13 tricks, stunts and gags for the modern conjurer and in one of the stunt is the brand-new handling for the paperclip through arm effect that can be performed at anytime during your act with everything you need fitting in your wallet. The method is perfect and allways ready to be performed with success.
Believe me that effect alone worth the price of the video. That guy is a modern genius with fresh ideas.

ANDRE LE MAGICIEN
Excuse my french...from Quebec Canada!
Andre Le Magicien
Quebec Canada
Excuse my French...
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1934 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Quote:
On 2004-11-22 21:36, jondark445 wrote:
Hi:

Just curious what performers of this use on their arms...I've tried a few times using the recommended cement, but find that it either doesn't come off so easily at the end of the trick when I want the "wrap up" for the audience, or is too thick to be deceiving.

You need to use fresh materials, doesn't go on thick. Wipe clean at the end with an appropriate cement thinner.

But this isn't sideshow
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Wel I am intrested in this its been years and I have overlooked it because I thought I would be more of a gag trick,but now iminto it.. anything else besides a needle,, screwdriver"no not because them did it .. what about a bullet...??im a cop in the airforce so I want ot experiment with it ..a bullet,knife,pen,anything?
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Here's a couple of Diddits. There are vast differences in brands of the material you're talking about. If the brand you have does'nt work the way you want, try other brands. By the way, You can buy the stuff in larger quantities at better stationary stores. a sensational remover for it is Acetone, available at drug stores, although it will temporaly fry your skin. It's also a terrific remover/solvent for Super glue.
Howie
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I do it ungaffed. My arms don't look pretty afterwards, but its not that difficult.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Ooops! Acetone will temporarily "DRY" your skin. not fry...
Howie
BTW, Acetone is highly flammable, and it stinks. I used to use it in my lighter and for other flame acts, but you'll need a lot of experience. and it's HOT!
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
I used to do the ungaffed version of 'human pincushion,' but stopped after I got married (my wife has a hypo-needle phobia, so pins & needles through the flesh gives her severe 'oogies').

With the gaffed 'needle thru arm,' for the brief period I played with the effect, I just used rubbing alcohol for cleanup. It didn't dissolve the prep as acetone would, but it did clean it off quickly with a wipe or two.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
darkp0is3n
View Profile
New user
Texas
58 Posts

Profile of darkp0is3n
HEHEHE, I used to do this before it was even a act. It isn't painful at all, I Found a spot on my for-arm and my cheek that basically is painless. another interesting place is the webbing of the hand, it 's a tad painful, but it's well worth it.
jennieprice
View Profile
Regular user
Quartzsite, Az
118 Posts

Profile of jennieprice
You did before it was an act? Man, you're older than you look, the act has been around for a couple of centuries.
Slim did it at least 50 years ago.

Jennieprice
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
If you do it ungaffed, the effect is not that strong. if you do it fake, that will more shock people, beucase the blood will flow a lot and audience can see the wound hole really big. More eery.

Bye.
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Unless you are in a small, intimate group and borrow the needle, alcohol and thimble. The spontaneous legitimacy makes it very strong in that atmosphere.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
darkp0is3n
View Profile
New user
Texas
58 Posts

Profile of darkp0is3n
Sorry, I ment to say before I KNEW it was an act. I apolgize for my mistake. I haven't ever really bled a lot on anything unless it is a huge cut, so that kinda sucks in my part.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
You can bleed or not, your choice.
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
darkp0is3n
View Profile
New user
Texas
58 Posts

Profile of darkp0is3n
Yeah, your right. I know one place in my arm that bleeds a lot, but I try to avoid it. It scares me.
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
I spent a lot of time messing around with the stuff on the arm as usually recommended but it never really worked properly. I found EvoStik contact adhesive really did the trick, although you need to do some vigorous rubbing to get rid of it afterwards.

By the way, do not do this for children, as I made the mistake of doing. It freaked them out.
Jolyon Jenkins
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Yes its not a kid show trick.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
I have trouble bunching up enought skin on my forearm. Any ideas?
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Quote:
On 2005-02-13 16:19, bitterman wrote:
I have trouble bunching up enought skin on my forearm. Any ideas?

Real needles Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Hi do any of you guys know of mirin dajo?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Needle Thru Arm (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL