The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Major help needed!!! Important help needed!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dave.m
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of dave.m
Try this link http://www.luke.om.org/downloads/for_you......agic.htm I am sure that when pepole see the fruit of gospel magic then they will be ok with it
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

Profile of Scruffy the Clown
I hope this turned out well. What happened?
llsouder
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of llsouder
Do the sawing a woman in half trick using this woman as your volunteer. When you get close to actually cutting her, ask her, Do you want still want me NOT to use any trickery or illusion in my demonstration? Smile
tamaka
View Profile
New user
California
17 Posts

Profile of tamaka
I don't get to respond to posts to often, but do this in a Spirit of Love. You can share that God rebukes those who use magic to glorify themselfs, Acts 19, but God can us magic if what one does points to God. Read Daniel 1:7. Keep that in mind as you read the rest of the Book Of Daniel. Daniels name was changed like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego to Belteshazzar.Read Daniel 4:8 and see how God used the chief magician to direct Nebuchadnezzar to God. Read also Ch 5.
If we are not doing Magic to bring glory to ourselfs, but to use as a teaching tool that turns one to God, then I belive God will honor that and it is ok to use.
RonCalhoun
View Profile
Special user
Independence, KY USA
597 Posts

Profile of RonCalhoun
Quote:
On 2004-12-01 16:27, BradBrown wrote:
Can I propose a slightly less confrontational approach to your friend who opposes magic? Instead of saying "You're wrong about magic ang here's why...", give her the chance to prove you wrong.

I assume from your post, that if the Bible really did condemn theatrical magic, you'd give it up. So, I'd recommend telling your friend that you respect her opinion, but in your own Bible studies you haven't found anything that condemns what you do. Tell her that if she can show you any Bible passage that IN CONTEXT condems theatrical magic, you'll stop.

This approach will remove much of the conflict. It also puts the ball in her court, so to speak. Maybe on further study she'll come to agree with you. (At least the odds of her changing her opinion on her own are better than her changing because you tell her she's wrong.)

Some of the reference material people have mentioned her will probably be helpful to you. I can point you to more, if you'd like. However, it's not important that you have an immediate response to her arguments. It's fine to tell her she makes a good point, and you'll have to think about it for a while. Give serious thought to any good arguments she comes up with. After all, it's not fair to expect her to seriously consider your point of view if you won't do the same for her.

I hope this helps.

Brad's post was so good that I hope everyone will read it again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Major help needed!!! Important help needed!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL