The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » How can/should we help? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I think as adults it is not our place to discourage new escape artists, but to point out the dangers and to show them the path to take to enable them to get to and complete their goal without injury.
Helen would love to know more about your knife and apple trick.
Clyde, great idea to have the course kits. Could you post more info about these?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
The knife and apple trick; basically it's "eating an apple", but on knives. I do the basic trick first, then decide that it's old and boring and lacks danger and bring out the knives. I stick the apples on the end of the knives, start with one in my mouth and when I bite it falls, starting the juggling. I get maybe two more bites out of the apple, enough to make the point without risking biting into the knife, and then stop.

It's not something I do often, because it is ***** dangerous for many reasons and needs a good performing space not too close to the audience. But learning it did give me a nice sense of achievement and it's nice to know I have it if I need it at any point.

</off-topic juggling bit>
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2255 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Knife and apple??? You got my attention. I want to know about it. Go on, do tell...

*Wolflock sits patiently in wait*
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wolfie you would. maybe she'll tell you in a PM my bet is that she probally some how cuts the Apple while Juggling.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2255 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Cooool! I want to see that. Has anyone ever done a knife juggling act and combined it with a knife throwing act? Just a thought.
Wolflock
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Yes they have I think one person did it on tv. and ate the apple in the process.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2255 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
That would be impressive. I would like to see that. They just have to be blinded folded to top it off.
Wolflock
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
One guy has done knives blindfolded and has wound up cutting off one of his fingers in the process. it happened somewhere in hawaii.
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
South Yorkshire, England
609 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
It has happened several times. I saw a handicapped juggler recently. He only had one hand, it was very interesting and surprisingly entertaing, you wouldn't beleive he could do the stuff he did............anyhow....as you were.
One day I will write a book

www.jordanwaller.tumblr.com

website coming soon...
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
It is interesting to know that one person with one hand can do the same thing as a person with two hands. but a person with two hands with have difficulty. doing the same thing as a person with one hand.
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
South Yorkshire, England
609 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
When I was younger, I mean a lot younger than I am now. About 5 or 6 I think. A man called Amadou came to my school from the Gambia in South Africa. He had no hands and we taught him how to type and then write and type with his new prosphetic limbs which we bought for him. It was a good expeirience and one that will stay with me. He could do many things with his prosthetic ones. In fact he is coming to see all the class of six year olds who he came to see ten years ago on Friday. Its gonnae be good fun. A ten year reunion. Cant wait to show him some magic.

website coming soon...
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Knock his socks off
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2255 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Cool. don't know Gambia though Is that in South Africa or Africa as a Whole? Is it not Zambia? That is just above Zimbabwe which is just above SA.
Wolflock
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Look on a map.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2255 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
No Maps with me right now.

I have met quite a few artists with no arms that paint with their feet. They are amazing.
Wolflock
South Africa
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
South Yorkshire, England
609 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
It was called the Gambia ten years ago, and it is on my map though my map is pretty old. Could no longer be called Gambia though. I'll find out on Friday.

website coming soon...
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
It is amazing what people can do if they Try.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Quote:
On 2004-11-27 09:18, Dr_Stephen_Midnight wrote:
For the sake of others, though, I must ask: why must one learn sleight-of-hand, illusions or some other form of magic before one can learn escapology?

It could enhance your performance but is certainly not needed in the least for being very entertaining with escapes.

For every 100 magicians there is 1 who actualy understands magic.

Here is a prime example: http://www.online-visions.com/krystal/0504closeuppad.html

If you read this and still don't understand what it has to do with the discussion of if its mandatory to learn magic first, your one of those 100. Kentons point applies to all areas of magic.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
South Yorkshire, England
609 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
Ok I have been monitering this thread with quite an interest recently yet despite the juggleing comments I have failed to make a decent input.

So my question for you is this. Many of you may have seen the thread I started called 'Your Opinions Please.'
Lots of people replied to this thread escpecialy Don, who posted on it everyday almost. Thankyou for all of those who did post.
What I failed to mention in my thread was this, I am 15 years old. The act including the escape is genuine, and if anything I look a lot older than 15 but the truth is I am 15. Would you all having know this minute detail have given me the same advice, on my thread, would you have tried to talk me out of performing the effect, or would you simply have neglected to post?

Yours Jordan

website coming soon...
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2255 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
No matter what your Age. I will always offer advice if asked for it. Well... almost any age... I think from 12 Years upwards. Not everyone will share my views though and therefore probably would not have offered you any advice.
Wolflock
South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » How can/should we help? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL