The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » MIssing Illusion Parts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Abbe Cadabra
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Abbe Cadabra
I lent my flying carpet illusion to a friend who lost the swords and panel. Does anyone know where I can get them replaced? I need this information ASAP

The illusion is old, I have no idea of the origianl manufacturer.

Thanks...

Abbe Cadabra Smile
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
You might check with one of the older or larger shops like Tannens or Daytona... they might be willing to sell just those sections (but at a premium)... you would be better off making them yourself... wouldn't cost all that much and it's very simple to do.

BTW... you might find it interesting to know that The Penndragons (long before their fancy levitations and suspension systems) did a very cool variation with a Grant Flying Carpet that involved a bit of black art and a large britely colored Ostrich feather which seemingly held Char effortlessly in the air rotating atop... in other words, you don't have to do it the way they factory sent it to you... you could cultivate a reputation for yourself doing it outside the norm.
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
Abbe Cadabra
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Abbe Cadabra
Thanks for your reply. I did check with Daytona and the parts are available for a hefty fee. I realize I could use something other than the swords etc, it's just I am so very annoyed at my friend for loosing them and trying to pass the buck to someone else...Oh it's a long story and I am quite upset about it. I may make him pay for replacement parts to teach him a life lesson.
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Quote:
On 2002-09-04 18:13, Abbe Cadabra wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I did check with Daytona and the parts are available for a hefty fee. I realize I could use something other than the swords etc, it's just I am so very annoyed at my friend for loosing them and trying to pass the buck to someone else...Oh it's a long story and I am quite upset about it. I may make him pay for replacement parts to teach him a life lesson.

In that I've been a "victim of circumstance" I'll give your "friend" the benefit of the doubt... BUT..,. if he's the type that simply don't care and dont' take care of things (even his own) I'd fit him for thumb screws (I can say thumb screws here, yes? You never can tell... I can think of other S&M type items that would probably be more appropriate... Smile )
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I went to a flea market and picked up so very sharp looking real swords for $10.00 each. I dulled the blades so no accidents can happen. They are so much better than the ones that came with it.

The screen can be made from a local building supply store and painted with spray paint. and some fancy stencil, or have it done by someone who can paint.
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » MIssing Illusion Parts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL