We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Loops (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Ok. I bought a vanish box off Ebay and it came with loops (5 packs of 5). The instructions are very vague that came with them and don't go into any detail at all about tricks that can be done with loops. I know there are so many possibilities with loops and need some help. I Figured out one trick on my own from watching a demo on the internet. I have seen a few other demos but can actually figure out how the loops would hook up to start the effect. If you cant go into any details, could someone please PM me some effects or direct me to a video/book that would be able to help me out.

Thanks,
Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
I strongly recommend you to get the Mesika Loops booklet.
You might also find this thread useful:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......2&75

Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3327 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I bought some loops but have not tried them yet. Somehow I always seem to not have the proper lighting to use them in my situation.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
831 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
I recently had the chance to see Yigal Mesika lecture and my goodness the things he was doing with elastic thread and loops. Some of the stuff was just so unbelievable. Some of the stuff he lectured on is in his booklet. Probably definitely something to look into if your interested in loops. Hope this helps.

-Bill
CitinoMAGIC: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS eBook - AVAILABLE NOW!
Scott Horn
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, TX
365 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
Does anyone have a reference for a technique to load (and levitate) a borrowed finger ring via a loop?
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Yes, the technique is taught in the Mesika booklet. It's the one I use and recommend.
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
I think I'm going to get the book for Christmas. I figured out one technique on my own to float a borrowed ring but it probably doesn't look as good as how Mesika teaches it.

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
When you purchase his booklet, do you get loops as well or do you have to get them separately?
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1485 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Just for the info, the booklet is entitled "animated miracles".
J.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Just ordered mine... book and a couple of sets of loops!
Thanks to everyone who shared the info about Mesika's book.
I recently got Losanders dvd's I & II on The Art of Levitation and ordered some loops from him as well.
But these other loops sound like they may be superior and more routines with the loops is exactly what I am looking for, that was the main reason I got the Losander dvd's.

Now I can't wait to get this book and these new loops!

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
I ordered "Animated Miracles" tonight. I wont receive it until Christmas though because it is going to be a present. Can't wait till then though. We'll see how it goes Smile

jrandcc
View Profile
Regular user
New York
141 Posts

Profile of jrandcc
The mesika loops are great. And in the book I believe are very good effects. The rising card out of box in the spectators hands is a great trick.
Shadow Dancer
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
61 Posts

Profile of Shadow Dancer
I have heard that the book is ok, but I have been told that it isn't that great. If you want to know some awsome tricks to do with loops, you should search the Magic Café forums. There are all sorts of effects that you can find in here. PM someone who is really into loops and discuss it with them.
SD
'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
<br> AlbertEinstein
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
It doesn't use loops, but Terry Lunceford's 'Floating Finger Ring' is an excellent way of levitating a ring using a different hook-up.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Loops (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL