The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Of course... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Thinkin' about getting engaged soon. Was reading through some websites on rings and ideas. Down on the bottom of the list, check it out. Smile

http://www.shaneco.com/weddings/becoming_engaged.asp
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Haha...I was just reading all of the "Romantic Ways to Ask" and thinking, "nifty!" But, when I got to the bottom of the list, I had a good chuckle. Thanks for sharing!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
So. Brian, if you decide to go through with it, are you going to hire a magician, or do it yourself? I might be available...of course. I'd have to charge you for travel expenses.

:)

Regan
Mister Mystery
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Will you make the ring appear in your empty hand when you propose? <g>
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
I was once hired by a gentleman to entertain his wife on her 40th at a resturaunt along with her friends, he also had a diamond/emerald ring he wanted to give her. I went in early and did some close-up at a few tables and explained that I was there to pull one over on the birthday girl and wanted to look legit, when I got to their table I went to work and at the end of my set took a mini dove pan and said I was going to make some gold and watch the fire, I pretened it was going all wrong and slammed down the lid, had the lady remove the lid and the ring was ther. That was about 3 years ago and if they see me they still talk about that day.

Jeff
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I had a regular couple in a restaurant I worked, they loved magic. One night the man told me he wanted to propose to his girl, and asked me to make the ring appear.

At first, I was hesitant, but he was insistent. I made a napkin rose float and asked the girl to hold her hand up. I tipped the rose over and the ring fell from the bud onto her palm. I backed away and said, "He can handle it now."

Sometimes, what we do affects people in ways we could hardly imagine...

They got married and I did run into them a few years later. All was well and they were happy.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Being the romantic that I am, I just rolled over and said, "Hey wanna get married?" Actually, I never ever dated my wife. Smile
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
I produced my wife's engagement ring while on a walk in the park on a snowy evening with her. I scooped up a snowball, handed it to her, and asked her to break it open. Of course, I had loaded it with the ring box in the "coin from dinner roll" manner. The fact that it was a white ring box and a pale blue stone in white gold made the ring look like it had formed right out of snow and ice! At least, that's how we like to tell it... Smile
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Of course... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL