The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Hindu shuffle force (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jon
View Profile
New user
Israel
64 Posts

Profile of Jon
I'm talking about that one where the forced card is always at the bottom...
well, did anyone of you ever got caught doing it ?
what do you do if so ? maybe saying that "those claims aren't right" and then do another force?
Jonathan.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
For me it's all about the attitude you have when performing the force. I've never really had a problem with it. One thing I do when performing the force is I always choose someone far away from me to tell me when to stop. That way the reason for selecting a card in this manner is justified. I wouldn't want them to have to get up from their seat or reach across the table to pick the card. If anyone was to ever wonder why they couldn't just take a card from a spread, they would see that it is just a matter of convenience, not trickery.

Really, I've never had a problem either way. If you're worried about it, depending on the routine, you could use a different force or a variation of the hindu shuffle force I saw Michael Ammar use where the force card ends up face down on top of the packet they stopped you on. It looks just the same as it would if the selection was going to be fairly selected using the hindu shuffle. Hope this helps.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
I only perform this force by dropping the force card onto the other portion. But, this way, you cannot hide the back of the card... and it doesn't answer the question.

1) the first time I saw it (in my first card-magic tape) I wasn't fooled by it.

2) A nice touch with this move (the one you mentionned, letting the card at the bottom of the packet) is to display the force card by taking the force-card-packet and putting it on top of the other packet, lying onto it with its long edge. The picture appears like the deck is open (like a book) and the force card being inside (neither top nor bottom).

I saw Duvivier use this once.

Hope this is (almost) clear

J Smile nathan.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Do/establish it like the following..

Deck in left hand dealing position.
Right hand grabs most of the card in the same grib as when doing the hindushuffle and display the bottom card of the right hand packet to the specs face of card towards them, during your remarks:

*Each time I cut the deck like this..I get a different card..you know why?
Because I have 52 diff. cards*

Whilst doing this, replace that package and do that *cut* above the first one and so again displaying another/new card on the face of that package..do this a couple of times..
They can't se the difference then, when you go into the hindu-shuffle, as they have seen you displaying several diff. cards (and NOT the forcecard) during the above movements..

It's an easy to use strategy..and it works...makes your hindushuffle force very deceptive..
I used this ever since way back in the early 1970s and never had probs at any time..
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Jon
View Profile
New user
Israel
64 Posts

Profile of Jon
Thanks for the help.
I've never had a problem doing it, I was just worried.
another nice touch about it, that a mentalist guy has once told me: once they say stop - I don't just say :"ok, that's your card" or something like that, but I say:"can you remember this card?".
it has to do with N.L.P, and by this way, it kindo draw less suspicious.
Jonathan.
Socalesq
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Socalesq
My own view is that the regular Hindu Shuffle force doesn't fool anyone with a basic familiarity with cards. Anyone who has shuffled a deck that way can go home after the effect and see that the card never changes. I hate that force. It has ruined many a trick.

However, the Hindu force where you take a break under a card and drop it when stopped is very deceptive, clean and not too difficult with some practice. I use it quite often.
icuryy
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I use the Hindu force all the time when doing Red Hot Mama. I can run the cards fairly quickly, as I use this same motion to shuffle cards all the time, anyways. I have never been called on the force. I think this is in part because I do it with a casual attitude and I don't make a big deal out of it. I just tell them to say stop anywhere, and then I quickly show them the force card while saying, "Okay, remember this card!" I then just drop the cards on top of the pack and continue on.

Don't make a big deal out of it, just let it flow naturally and no one will catch on.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Why not use a HALO cut force instead?
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-11-30 13:34, JSBLOOM wrote:
Why not use a HALO cut force instead?

Why not drive a bike ?
Why not eat a steak?
Just asking... Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
CrookedChris
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin
30 Posts

Profile of CrookedChris
I use the hindu when doing Paul Hariss' Color Stunner. I've never had anyone say anything about the force. I agree with those that sliding it by all depends on presentation and attitude.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Just don't use this force on anyone from the Middle East. They know exactly what is going on in this type of shuffle.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Jon
View Profile
New user
Israel
64 Posts

Profile of Jon
Quote:
On 2004-11-30 14:06, Bill Palmer wrote:
Just don't use this force on anyone from the Middle East. They know exactly what is going on in this type of shuffle.

ha ??... would you like to explain ?
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
People from the middle east and asia tend to shuffle like the hindu shuffle normally.

As such, they know that the bottom card stays the same the whole time.
etawil
View Profile
New user
New York
64 Posts

Profile of etawil
I would highly recommend reading the description of the Hindu Shuffle Force in CARD COLLEGE (p. 158 in volume 1). He builds in a subtle explanatory phase where the bottom card is shown to change as you shuffle, so you can sell the actual force much better. (Similar in principle to the handling Werner describes above.) --Ezra.
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
I learned the hard way to watch my angles when standing and doing the first part of Red Hot Mamma. As was pointed out to me, I flashed the bottom of the deck, which I don't do when I am sitting. Also, I am thinking of controlling the forced card to the top and palming it off, because of requests to inspect the deck.
kerpa
a/k/a Michael Miller
Chicago area
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
Jon
View Profile
New user
Israel
64 Posts

Profile of Jon
Quote:
On 2004-11-30 15:10, Daegs wrote:
People from the middle east and asia tend to shuffle like the hindu shuffle normally.

As such, they know that the bottom card stays the same the whole time.

From my experience - that is not right at all.
a "normal" guy, would do the over hand shuffle, or some version of it. this suffle is much more popular and used than the hindu shuffle.
Jonathan.
micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
I've hear a couple of people mention that Michael Ammar has done a variation of this force where the card ends up face down on top. Does anyone have a source for this? Is it on one of his ETMCM DVDs?

Thank you.
frankvomit
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of frankvomit
Never been cought with it. the fact that you're just showing the bottom card when doen right flys right by even the most suspicious spectator because it does just look completely random.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Max Maven/Theo Annemann Linking Ring Parade.
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
I'm not a fan of the Hindu Force. If you already have the force card on the bottom of the deck, why not just swing cut and do a riffle force (displaying the bottom card of the right hand packet)?
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Hindu shuffle force (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL