The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Your opinion on Mark Wilson Bunny box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VoidedHider
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of VoidedHider
Hi,

I have just finish "building" a disappearing bunny box, as described in Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. If your not familiar with the tricks, I'll just say it involves the box containing the rabbit to be turned 90 degress.

I have practiced the trick a few times but before I try it with my rabbit I would like to know if any of you think it is at all 'mean'.

Thanks,
Niall
james_magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of james_magic
What? Do you mean tipping the box with the rabbit in it so it lands on its head or something? Or what do you mean is 'mean'?
VoidedHider
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of VoidedHider
No it isn't tipped 180 degress so it lands on it head, 90 dgrees so so she kind of has to shuffle or really just stay the same way up as the box box is moved around, this would happen quite quickly but not so quickly that she could be hurt. She would then stay in the box with it this position for a few seonds until she was let out again back stage. By 'mean' I meant if any of you thought that tipping the box with the rabbit in, in this way was in any way cruel, as I would not want to harm my rabbit.

Thanks for replying
Niall
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Well, you have built the box, so I expect you will be using it whether or not it is cruel to the rabbit.

It should not be hard to put yourself in the rabbit’s situation. How freighted will she be. How steady is her footing. How long will she be in the box.

I use a bunny box for production with my rabbit in the box for no more than 1 minute. No turning, no tilting, and my mind is on her from the minute she goes in the box.

Bob
VoidedHider
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of VoidedHider
I have not used the box yet and do not plan to if someone could give me a clear reason. I have several over things I could use the box for with a few alterations. The box box has two "built in" thick cushions, one on the bottom and one on the side the box is tilted towards, these cushions are very big and thicks and cover the whole side.

I have posted for your help and guidance. The bunny box I am describing is complete different to that that you are describing, a prop I am also very familiar with, and disapears as appose to producing a rabbit.

Thank you for your help
Niall

P.S I wouldn't be using her in my show for a while anyway, as two day ago I discovered 5 little kittens in the hutch. Very pleased!
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
I did understand how you are going to use the box. That is why I used the term “production” regarding the box that I use, as opposed to “vanish.”

VoidedHider:
It seems that you have concerns and a sense of responsibility about the care of your rabbit. I am sure you will end up doing the best thing for both of you. The padding sounds thoughtful.

Good luck with the kits.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Your opinion on Mark Wilson Bunny box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL