The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bottle for Lonnie Chevrie coin in bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2905 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Just received the Lonnie Chevrie DVD's. These are EXCELLENT items. Highly recommended. Does anyone know what type of bottle he uses for his coin in bottle routine?

The requirement is that the coin be able to stay in the neck of the bottle and be covered by the screw on cap.

It turns out that Mr. Chevrie invented the technique of having the coin already in the neck covered by the cap and also that of using tweezers to visibly pull the coin out.

Mike
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5418 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
It’s one of those little make-up bottles. Tough to find.

Oh, and yes it’s true that he invented the hidden coin thing.

Koz
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Is Lonnie's version using an ungimmicked coin or a fo**ing coin? I've been using a fo**ing coin inside a plastic champagne "cork" (already loaded inside a champagne bottle) for years. I'd love to be able to do the effect using an ungimmicked coin--even if it means searching for the bottle Lonnie is using.

Here's hoping Lonnie's version uses an ungimmicked coin.

Thanks for any info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5418 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Gimmicked.

Koz
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Hiding the f coin in a cork is very olde been around before Bill O'REilly. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
What kind of little make-up bottle?

Could you be more specific Ted? I love the routine and would like to get the bottle. Maybe you could provide use with brand and the type of make-up....or better yet, what store it can be found in?
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of Daren
Does anyone know if you can get a folded 10p coin but with the three pieces as in Lonnie's version.
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Quote:
On 2004-12-07 15:28, Daren wrote:
Does anyone know if you can get a folded 10p coin but with the three pieces as in lonnie's version.

Hi

Try Bob Swadling - try a google.

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
hillk
View Profile
New user
Bloomington Indiana,formerly Las Vegas
16 Posts

Profile of hillk
Magic steve,

The bottle is a womens make-up bottle found in K-mart, Walmart or anywhere there is makeup. I use one and I use tweezers to get the coin out and do the switch right off the tweezers with a thumb palm. I put a match inside and tell the spectator it took all the air out of the bottle causing a vacuum and I put two asprin in there and tell them those are for their headache when they try to figure out the trick. Inside the lid there is a plastic shell that I cut a hole in and the coin fits in there perfect which puts it in the neck automatically.

Kevin
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
That sounds like John Bannon's effect. I like it too. How does Lonnie's compare to this? Or for the magic historians, who did it first?

My bottle was a Revlon bottle. Sorta squarish, with a blue cap and a gold band around the outside. I don't remember what was inside the bottle. Some sort of foundation makeup I believe.

I too had to cut out the insert inside the cap to make room for the coin. I could remove the cap and dump out the contents and the coin would stay put. Replacing the cap would position the coin properly, but it wouldn't stick in the neck (a good thing) until I dislodged it during the trick.

I haven't done this in a long time. Maybe I'll have to get it out and play with it some more, after a visit to the dentist for supplies.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I believe that Lonnie was the originator.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Lonnie was the originator. There used to be some really neat sample Scope bottles that worked great for this. It does use a gaffed coin.

There was a discussion about this in the coin section.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13414 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Lonnie showed it to Kohler who showed it to Bannon who published it.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2977 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
The Bannon routine is called Vacuum Packed found on his video Impossibilia and he uses a make-up botttle by Max Factor called Whipped Cream, found anywhere make up is sold. I found a similar type in the cheap Dollar stores.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Yes, but it's the WRONG BOTTLE! The bottle Lonnie uses has a cap that is actually shallower than the length of the coin. The bottle itself hides the rest of the coin. Also, to use the Chevrie bottle, you have to make your own coin. The commercial ones won't fit! Unless Lonnie has had some made special for the routine.

There's the rub!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13414 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2004-12-08 13:06, Bill Palmer wrote:
Yes, but it's the WRONG BOTTLE! The bottle Lonnie uses has a cap that is actually shallower than the length of the coin. The bottle itself hides the rest of the coin. Also, to use the Chevrie bottle, you have to make your own coin. The commercial ones won't fit! Unless Lonnie has had some made special for the routine.

There's the rub!

Bill's Rub is all true.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
For the record, Johnny Ace Palmer showed it to Seth Kramer and me many years ago. I showed it to Bannon...the rest is history. My mistake.

The bottle I have was a Scope mouthwash sample. Perfect for the routine. I believe this is the one Lonnie used.

I haven't seen the DVD's yet, but Lonnie sent me a tape of the material a few years ago and it was packed with brilliant ideas...
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5418 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
How are these Chevire DVDs? Is there anything else on them that makes it worth the cash?
koz
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
So how are we supposed to find the right bottle? I was going to buy this DVD mainly for this effect.

I found this bottle acccording to Mr Kohler's words. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Is that the one?

http://unimaxsupply.com/md/1mouthwashes.htm
Yours,

Ivan
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5418 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Is it glass?
koz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bottle for Lonnie Chevrie coin in bottle (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL