The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie ball exposure!!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
AHHHHHHHHH
I don't know if the show "Big Brother" has a show in the USA but their is one in Australia and the UK
For people who don't know it's a reality series where a bunch of people get stuck in a house for 2 months and people get voted out yada yada yada

YES I AM GETTING TO THE ZOMBIE

One of the challenges was for the group to perform magic they received all the props in a big box and they opened it in front of the camera and one of the props was a Zombie ball on the gimik (without the silk/ foulard) which was then flown around the house by one of the girls.

Not a bad piece of work from the TV they just ruined a wonderful piece of magic for 15 seconds of air time.

I would love to track down the magician who sugested the props for the show and have a word or 2 to him about the first rule of magic as I am sure that their are a few other magicians who would like to chat with him/her as well.

So if anyone has anyknowledge of this person give us a call
-I believe he /she is in Queensland simply because big brother was filmed their.
Thanks everyone,

David Welzman
Yes I will only chat with them nothing else.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I doubt they involved a magician. My guess is a producer went into a magic shop, told the dealer their budget and asked for some good tricks that could be learned quickly.
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Thanks for the reply

But then again, they had to learn the magic, and on the last day of the challenge they had to perform it
the zombie is not something you can read on paper and perform it in less than a week- whilst it's possible
the girl "sort of" gave the impression that the ball was floating.

Magic dealers should know better- their are more than enough magicians as customers to make a living off.

The problem is In queensland their are no magic shops of worth, I think there is a guy who sells but he doesn't have a shop.

Anyway If something had to be revealled I would prefer it to be the masked magician and not someone who really has no idea about magic.

cheers
james_magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of james_magic
I'm from Australia and was just wondering what Big Brother it was on? The last Big Brother that was on T.V finished ages ago, didn't it? That sucks that they revealed it. I hope not everyone saw it (even though heaps of people watch it) because I love performing it. I don't want it ruined....

James
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Yes It was on the last big brother, I was reading the current posts on the zombie and it sparked my memory.

They had other tricks like 3 card monte, some rope effects,
I believe they had to be trained to do the effects by a magician because you simply can't learn some of the effects in under a week and perform them.

It wasn't a reveal like the masked magician, they simply showed the people playing with the props
as in the zombie with out the foulard around the house

Still looking

DW
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
You nead some help about Zombie ball?
If you do then make your own gimmcik like I did!
It's very simple all you have to do is....
Goto http://www.google.com and in picture categori tipe Zombie ball you will find the gimmick!
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
340 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
Seriously, this is less exposure than hundreds of magicians who do a poor performance of Karson's Zombie, using the foulard. The ball-on-a-stick can be done so terribly so easily. Non-magi playing around with the prop is not as dangerous as magi performing with the prop and fooling only themselves. Soemday I may enter a contest with an actual toilet tank ball and rod (so the legend goes) and float the ball, but most would miss the irony. We need more Al Schneiders and Tommy Wonders.
David
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
[quote]On 2004-12-22 12:16, davidmagic wrote:
Seriously, this is less exposure than hundreds of magicians who do a poor performance of Karson's Zombie, using the foulard. The ball-on-a-stick can be done so terribly so easily. Non-magi playing around with the prop is not as dangerous as magi performing with the prop and fooling only themselves. Soemday I may enter a contest with an actual toilet tank ball and rod (so the legend goes) and float the ball, but most would miss the irony. We need more Al Schneiders and Tommy Wonders.
David

Well said!!

I have seen so many poor performances -I cringe at some shows!!-not enough practice etc

I spent over 15 months putting together a 2 min Zombie routine that I have used now for 20 yrs varying only slightly in performance-The whole routine was choreographed & rehearsed & filmed from all angles & the ball is believed by me to float& I just go along for the ride-

At a recent convention Myself & Michael Finney ( Very skilled in many areas of Magic) spent 20 mins with a younger chap showing him what can be achieved with the Zombie etc & he was so much beter off & is still rehearsing a few moves then will move onto another move etc

Old saying-Practice makes perfect-Too many people think they can put a routine together in 2 weeks!!

These are the acts we see too often

Try & view-Neil Fosters version-Beautiful

Tim Wright-Skillful & Funny

Tommy Wonder

Jeff Mc Bride Teaches a good start routine as well

-Brent
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Neil Foster's routine is available on the the last tape of the Magic Ranch series that came out a few years ago. It is one of my favorite routines in magic to watch. This is probably because I had done various zombie routines for years and year before seeing Foster perform. I've always liked the Zombie and thought I did it pretty well, but seeing Neil Foster taught me just how magical a Zombie routine can be.

Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie ball exposure!!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL