The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tim Card Poker Deal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
A few people have written to me saying they are getting great use out of this new trick by using the 'World Poker Tour Tournament' theme. I can see how this would be VERY effective.

I've just started doing it with the addition of real cash.

I give the spectator $50 to bet with on the first hand. They do and, as predicted they win, so I give them a second $50 as a pay off.

Then they bet the $100 on the second hand and win again, I give them another $100.

On the third hand they go all in with $200... but to make it more fun, I encourage them to add their own money as well. You'll be amazed at how eager they are to bet when they realise they can choose any five cards from the face up spread of ten cards.

Naturally, in the end I get my $200 back but I "let them off the hook" and return anything they bet while calling it all square.

The lesson "if a deal looks too good to be true, it usually is" is well learned!
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Tim,

Let me in...I'll quit after the 1st $200.00. I promise. (grin)

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Make sure you get your patter right! I did a similar routine and they decided to 'quit whilst they were ahead'

GULP!

BTW - The tim card poker deal is a great combination of effects. Its the perfect routine in that a) simple set up b) it looks FAIRER as each phase continues and c) it only has three SIMPLE phases.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Yes, the patter has to be right.

"We're going to play THREE hands of poker"
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
I have been using the Tim Card Poker Deal often, and like it a lot. Highly recommended.
Richard
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Is it available in the UK?

Iain.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I just received this and I too like it very much...I had been doing the Jonah card for a long time and got great reponse out of it...Tim Card Poker Deal is the Jonah card on steroids!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Murphy's Magic Supplies are distributing it so it should be available worldwide. Check with your local dealer and, if they don't have it, they can call Murphy's or you can get it direct from us at http://www.MagicUnlimited.com
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
"The Jonah card on steroids!"

Love it! Can I quote you?
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
I would say on the growth hormone instead!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tim Card Poker Deal (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL