We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dream A Little Dream (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Hekate
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Hekate
Do you have dreams?? No, not the dreams where you're more famous than Siegfried and Roy or the one where you shove David Blaine off a cliff to see if he can fly. I mean the dreams that you have when you're all cozied up in bed and drooling on your pillow.
Personally, my dreams are vivid and real and really freaky. I just thought some of you out there might like to explore this topic a little and we can see just how wierd we all are!!!
Thanks guys!!
"It was magical. And excruciating....which made it all the more magical"
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Well my dreams are mostly taken up by thinking of ways of creating the impossible happen. Dreams are so real cause the only person that can stop you from actually making that dream come true is you.

I love to have dreams about being in a movie. You know like after you watch a action movie and that night you go to sleep you feel that you are in it. Thos are a lot of fun.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Hekate
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Hekate
Thanks Michael!
I know what you mean about the 'movie dream'. I always like when I have a favorite famous co-star! Last night I had a totally bizarre dream about these extremely tall and brightly colored roosters. They were beautiful and they were everywhere like trees!! I just have no idea why I would dream about something like that?!?!?! I guess maybe it's time to consult with the dream book!! =P
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I like to go to bed with the radio set to a "Talk Show".
Many times I have had dreams of being chased by space alien's, only to wake up and realize the the topic at hand is "Alien Abductions".
Very often my dreams do reflect what is playing on the radio. So at least for me I can somewhat control the subject (or a demented version) of my dreams by having the radio playing next to my bed.
Great subject, I look forward to hearing some great tales here.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
There is so MUCH study on this subject that is good to read up and learn. My grandfather would get up in the morning and log all of his dreams that he can remember that he had that night. Very cool idea, but good luck with me. I am lucky if I can remember if I brushed my teeth in the morning. So how do you think I can rememeber a dream?

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27236 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Perhaps folks might enjoy Neil Gaiman's Sandman and open the topic up a bit so we can all drool together?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Dreams have influenced my life and decisions. It's almost like entering another life at times.

Would you believe in 1972 I went out and bought a new VW Beetle 1302S after dreaming it was the right thing to do? Nice bright orange one - wish I still had it! These days when I enter my 'real' life it's quite often a relief, as I sometimes dream back into more difficult past times of my life. I meet people I don't want to meet, and do things I don't want to do!

I understand how people can have heart attacks/strokes whilst asleep. You guys over 38 or 40 get your blood pressure checked. If it's a bit high then take a low dosage ace inhibitor, - it could save your life - especially if you enter an extremely harrowing or disturbing dream!
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
I had the most bizarre dream the other night, which I'm sure would give a dream analyst a chuckle. I dreamt I was at an exclusive party and the phone rang. The hostess picked it up and said Paris Hilton wants to speak to you. Miss Hilton, then asked me to go to Madagascar with her. I kid you not. This dream was so ridiculous as... 1) I'm not even a fan of hers. 2) Where the heck is Madagascar? Even in my alpha state I knew this was so silly that I woke up immediately. What's up with that dream?

I'll probably regret even writing about it as it still seems so ridiculous to me. Normally, I dream about my work, my life or my pets and ironically make good decisions based on what I dreamt about.

Anyone else with silly dreams? I'd love to hear them!

Chrystal
Hekate
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Hekate
Thank you all so much!!!! I'm SO thrilled that even just a few people have jumped onto this thread...I hope it continues!!! I have strange dreams ALL THE TIME!!! Unfortunately, I can't remember what I dreamt about last night! And Chrystal, never fear! I really do have some bizarre dreams and I'm sure you'll think I'm a real nut!!
Thanks again guys, I'm really looking forward to talking to you all!!!!!
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Quote:
On 2004-12-02 18:13, Hekate wrote:
Thanks Michael!
I know what you mean about the 'movie dream'. I always like when I have a favorite famous co-star! Last night I had a totally bizarre dream about these extremely tall and brightly colored roosters. They were beautiful and they were everywhere like trees!! I just have no idea why I would dream about something like that?!?!?! I guess maybe it's time to consult with the dream book!! =P

Dreaming about roosters indicates a show-off/cocky/arrogant.

Is that how you see yourself?

Shane Wiker
Hekate
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Hekate
Absolutely not! Actually I'm very shy. Of course, being a Leo, other people might see me differently than I see myself. I've been known to "strut" and "walk in like you own the place!" I never knew I did either of those things until I had been told. But thanks for the analysis!
Avrakdavra
View Profile
Loyal user
The Pine Tree State, USA
224 Posts

Profile of Avrakdavra
In the Talmud, it states: "A dream left uninterpreted is like a letter left unopened."
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Hekate,

Sorry if that sounded rude. It was just what the website said that I looked up. It said that dreaming about roosters indicates show-off/bossy, or being in charge/dominating.

Although, dreams do mean different things for different people.

Shane Wiker
Hekate
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Hekate
That's cool. I didn't know if you meant anything by it or not but I appreciate the input because my dream book only indicates a meaning for when you hear a rooster crowing-which I didn't.
Thanks
Hekate
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Hekate
Okay.
So last night I dreamt that I was the passenger in a speeding Lincoln Town Car. It was travelling down the parkway and other cars kept trying to hit the car I was riding in. My dream book states that being a passenger in a car hints to possible money luck but that's about it. Any ideas????
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Hekate,

After doing a quick search, this is what I found:

"To dream that you are almost hit by a car, suggests that your lifestyle, beliefs or goals may be in conflict with another's. It may also be symbolic of a jolting experience or injured pride."

Shane Wiker
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
So I'm thinking.. what the heck does dreaming about going to Madagascar mean?
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Chrystal,

I have no idea. Smile It probably doesn't mean anything at all. It's probably just some random combination of memories.

Shane Wiker
Hekate
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Hekate
Perhaps you heard mention of Madagascar on one of the days leading up to having the dream. Dreams are also often "residue" of thoughts or events prior to the dream.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14072 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
One of the strangest ones I ever had involved Doug Henning. I got to meet him, talk to him, and give him a hug. The weirdest part was in the end of the dream I discovered I had some of his hair in my mouth. I was spitting it out. Strange little vivid dream.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dream A Little Dream (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL