The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Three Stylin by Lee Asher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26944 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-10-07 18:40, Magic w/ HART wrote:...I should mention that at the time I was familiar with other routines ala Kenner, Townsend, Wilson, Kranzo, etc.
Nuff said, IMHO.

Yup, you crossed the line there. Nuff said indeed. Later. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
coinmagic143
View Profile
New user
Annapolis, MD
67 Posts

Profile of coinmagic143
Folks it's OK to disagree. Obviously some like this trick and some do not and it all boils down to their own personal likes and dislikes. Cheers,

Bill
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2005-10-07 19:24, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-10-07 18:40, Magic w/ HART wrote:...I should mention that at the time I was familiar with other routines ala Kenner, Townsend, Wilson, Kranzo, etc.
Nuff said, IMHO.

Yup, you crossed the line there. Nuff said indeed. Later. Smile

I crossed what line? Should I be scared? Oh wait, you never leave your computer...

Has the Café ever offered you a job? They should...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
I can't believe this, The line you crossed is simple Jon never put in print his routine, so how can you say you are fimiliar with it? That is the line, The kenner routine was put in print with out Jon knowing. With all due respect to Kenner he did give credit to Jon but mayby just mayby Jon didn't want the finger tips across out at that time or at any time. That is why he has not released his version yet.
The coments you made about Jon never leaving his computer is rude and un called for. If you have a problem with him pm him and work it out. He was just stating how he felt about you putting his name in with the others that have done work on the finger tips across and just so happens that non of them wouldn't be doing it with out his initial work on it.

PLAY NICE!

Tpdmagic
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I mentioned his name out of RESPECT! I knew he was on this thread so I figured I should mention his name seeing how he is credited in a lot of the routines I have looked at. Of course I don't have HIS routine. But like you say, Tpmagic, if it wasn't for him there would be no fingertips coins across.

I CROSSED NO LINE. IF I PUBLISHED OR EXPOSED HIS ROUTINE THAT WOULD BE CROSSING THE LINE. MENTIONING HIS NAME ALONG WITH OTHERS TO GIVE PROPER CREDIT IS ONLY BEING RESPECTFULL. I SHOULD HAVE LET JT BE PART OF THE "etc."

And what if I was familiar with his routine? Would that be crossing the line? What would you do about that? NOTHING...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
LIKE I SAID WORK IT OUT WITH HIM! I JUST FELT THE NAME CALLING WAS NOT CALLED FOR!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26944 Posts

Magic w/o heart, claiming familiarity with my work, especially if true, on this public thread was crossing the line with me.

The few who do have access to my work are under NDA/NC agreement on the stuff.

Getting back to Lee's item, the suggestion about using a magnet is very good.
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Quote:
On 2005-10-07 18:40, Magic w/ HART wrote:
I don't know how many times I can say this, LAY PEOPLE THINK THAT EVERY CHIP TRAVELS!

Yeah. COLOR BLIND laypeople.

Quote:
I believe it is much easier for an observant spectator to guess that you have an extra coin.

But an observant spectator isn't going to notice that only the red coin travels?

Quote:

Lee lives three blocks away from me and he showed me this before it was ever released.

So, is it the effect you're defending, or your friend?

And you’ve got a lot of gall claiming you have respect for Jonathan one post after you insult him, not once, but twice. Seems like the only thing you respect is your own opinion.
coinmagic143
View Profile
New user
Annapolis, MD
67 Posts

Profile of coinmagic143
I agree there are folks out there that will fight tooth and nail for one to "see" it their way, that's because they truly cannot open their eyes to "see" themselves. That's why above, I felt it NECESSARY to say it's OK to disagree. Smile. Cheers,

Bill
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26944 Posts

Bill, did you ask Mickey about seeing his "spitfly"? It was on one of his demo videos.

Most who fight or take are also those who have none of the things one needs to do art. Hence the variations and credit issues involving names whose claims are economic or political as opposed to artistic.
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
Quote:
On 2005-10-08 17:29, Magic w/ HART wrote:
I mentioned his name out of RESPECT! I knew he was on this thread so I figured I should mention his name seeing how he is credited in a lot of the routines I have looked at. Of course I don't have HIS routine. But like you say, Tpmagic, if it wasn't for him there would be no fingertips coins across.

I CROSSED NO LINE. IF I PUBLISHED OR EXPOSED HIS ROUTINE THAT WOULD BE CROSSING THE LINE. MENTIONING HIS NAME ALONG WITH OTHERS TO GIVE PROPER CREDIT IS ONLY BEING RESPECTFULL. I SHOULD HAVE LET JT BE PART OF THE "etc."

And what if I was familiar with his routine? Would that be crossing the line? What would you do about that? NOTHING...

Someone really crossed the line not too long ago when a post inferred that Jon Townsend didn't publish the routine because he didn't come up with it. I am pretty sure it got removed.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26944 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-10-10 21:13, Silly Walter the Polar Bear wrote:...Someone really crossed the line not too long ago when a post inferred that Jon Townsend didn't publish the routine because he didn't come up with it. I am pretty sure it got removed.

Not as far as I know, though I would express my surprise at such a statement. Unless the statement were made along with otherwise flaming invective I doubt it would be removed. The Café staff are fine with disagreements etc as long as the langage remains civil.
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
736 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Give the guy a break, he crossed no line at all. I'm sorry to intervene in something I have nothing to do with, but you guys have nothing to do with this either... I hate seeing everybody falling on top of someone just because he mentioned a name... If Jon's touchy on this subject, we are not supposed to know. Moreover, Jon has a mouth (and fingers)and can reply himself (and he did), he doesn't need attorneys. I think.

Please calm down everybody. Peace.

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2005-10-10 12:18, Rob Elliott wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-10-07 18:40, Magic w/ HART wrote:
I don't know how many times I can say this, LAY PEOPLE THINK THAT EVERY CHIP TRAVELS!

Yeah. COLOR BLIND laypeople.

Quote:
I believe it is much easier for an observant spectator to guess that you have an extra coin.

But an observant spectator isn't going to notice that only the red coin travels?

Quote:

Lee lives three blocks away from me and he showed me this before it was ever released.

So, is it the effect you're defending, or your friend?

And you’ve got a lot of gall claiming you have respect for Jonathan one post after you insult him, not once, but twice. Seems like the only thing you respect is your own opinion.

You are a funny guy Mr. Elliot. Just a couple of posts ago you are claryfying what the effect even is. Now you are knocking it. I KNOW that you have not performed this for lay people, I HAVE, many times. It is pointless to even talk with you about the psychology of this effect because you have no experience with it. BTW, the only reason I mentioned the story about Lee was to illustrate that before I knew anything about this routine I thought that all the chips traveled.

As for the "drama" with Mr. Townsend. He sent me a PM regarding a comment I made on another thread, acting like the Café police. The comment I made, or should I say question, was so harmless that I laughed out loud when I got the "JT Police Post".

Then I go and accidentally mention his name when mentioning MANY other names and he tells me that I am crossing the line. You're right, I might have been out of line to say what I said, but look how many posts this guy has! C'mon guys, I said "Townsend", was that really out of line? I feel sorry for Mr. Townsend if that offends him.

Mr. Townsend, I said your name, do you realy think of yourself so sacred that I crossed the line? Is it my fault that you didn't publish your routine? Did I hit a sore spot? I'm sorry that you thought that I crossed the line but it is so trivial that I am not sure that I even care anymore.
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2005-10-08 21:03, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Magic w/o heart

Oh yeah, I take it were even on the insults?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26944 Posts

Things usually go better when the thread stays on topic, in this case Lee and his routine with the poker chips.

If you want to discuss personal matters, the PM system here works fine.

Quote:
You're right, I might have been out of line to say what I said, but look how many posts this guy has!

Thanks for at least suggesting that you might be reconsidering your words. Unfortunately the "but" acts to negate that part of your sentence. There is a riddle in the "words we use" section about that language pattern.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26944 Posts

If the shoe fits...

Quote:
On 2005-10-11 06:09, magic w/o heart wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-10-08 21:03, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Magic w/o heart

Oh yeah, I take it were even on the insults?

You claimed knowledge you either do not have, or announced a breach of confidence. I addressed your insult as being w/o heart.

Quote:
...but it is so trivial that I am not sure that I even care anymore.

Other people's feelings are "trivial" ??

There is an art to writing. We're not going to get into that today.
coinmagic143
View Profile
New user
Annapolis, MD
67 Posts

Profile of coinmagic143
JT,

Yes Mickey PMed me and I received his demo dvd. I believe his spit fly is on there, I'm not sure as I have not watched it yet, because I just returned home from New Orleans with helping in the Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. Cheers,

Bill
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26944 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-10-11 08:55, coinmagic143 wrote:
...helping in the Hurricane Katrina relief efforts....

Impressive. Bravo! Great to help make a difference when you can. Smile
Pachin
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Pachin
I am sorry I am confused here. So Mr JT have you published any of your material ? How come some magicians and a lot of members in the Café make reference to your ideas or creations ? Are you showing it like in lectures or conventions or it is just known by word ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Three Stylin by Lee Asher (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL