The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Gags for invisible card routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
257 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Ok, so we have the usual, "shuffle them up.......no, take them out of the case first!" and "spread them across the table.......no face up!" Standard jokes for the invisible card routine.
Any others you care to share that work for you?
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Theres a lot that can be done like throwing the deck back etc.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2120 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Take them out and start doing all manner of tosses, flourishes, waterfalls, arcs, etc. And as you're doing so, say "I just LOVE working with invisiblew decks! You can do all sorts of neat tricks with them and you never..." (suddenly look off the floor on your left side)"...Ah, ALMOST, that is, almost never drop a card!"
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
257 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Thanks "the mighty fool"
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
One that works really well for me is to say "cut the deck" then when they reach for the imaginary deck, point elsewhere and say, "no, they're over here".

Sounds dumb, but in the few hundred times I've done it, it ALWAYS gets a laugh Smile
Logic Defied
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I have found that having the card selected from the invisible deck, and then instructing the person to "show the card to the rest of the audience but do NOT let me see it!" in a serious manner, often gets a laugh as well.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
As the audience members are going through all the motions of performing the standard Invisible Deck trick I always like to say, "It's amazing what you can get strangers to do." Of course, I say it in a light hearted manner. This routine plays great in stand up situations as well as close up.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Here's a few more that haven't been used yet...

1) You guys think I'm crazy but look who shuffling the cards.

2) This is an invisible deck. I made it invisible so that if I make a mistake...you'll never know.

3) This is an invisible deck. Not many people have seen one of these I can tell you.

4) Will you help me out Sir? And your name is? Can you catch the deck if I throw it to you John?
OK, Here you go.
Oh, Ma’am I am sorry I didn’t mean to hit you. That was my fault. But don’t worry, it’s an Invisible Deck and the bruise will be invisible too. Could you please hand the deck to John? Thank you very much.
Daniel Faith
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Daniel #1 can be worded Different to. its Basically the same Phrase though
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
257 Posts

Profile of trickychris
If performing for children and adults, I say: "don't worry if you can't see the invisible deck - only the clever people can, hands up who can see the deck" (kids all put their hands up - most adults don't - to which I say)....."i notice not many of the adults can see it then...!"
Gets a chuckle!
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
344 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
Start by reaching into a seemingly empty paper bag. Hand them an invisible deck to shuffle. When finished, have them toss it back and pretend to catch it in the bag. While holding opening of the bag, fingers inside, snap the inside of the bag. The bag will jerk as if you really caught the deck. Pull out the real deck from bottom of the bag and show the reversed card.
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
One of the best routines I've ever seen for the ID is Secrets of Invisibility by Cody Fisher.

For the description and the reviews of this unique and highly effective handling, go to:
http://www.codyfisher.com/home.htm
then click on "The Magic Shop".

And to stay within the topic of this thread; yes, the effect comes with a few gag lines.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Great can I get this from hocus-pocus.
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
Yes, Hocus Pocus carries it. For "Product Search", type in "Invisibility". Cody Fishers Secrets of Invisibility is the second entry.

Or better yet, buy it directly from the creator himself. Cody is excellent to deal with and provides a valuable product at a fair price. (plus his shipping service is great) Use the above noted web site to find Secrets of Invisibility, as well as a number of other "Cody Creations".
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I've never seen a better I.D. routine than Bill Malone's Standing Ovation Invisible Deck. He's is a genius.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
I agree with you Caleb. In fact, the "energy" Bill creates in the audience almost overshadows the revealing of the selected card. It's that strong.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I too agree with the Cody Fisher one, its fantastic! very funny if you get a tough guy to hold a flowery bag.

Matt
zackgb
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of zackgb
"I happen to have here an invisible deck of cards, can you all see them? For those of you that said yes, you need to be comminted/we're a little worried about you etc"

"If I toss these cards to you will you catch them? Then I shall toss them to you. Good catch! No, I wasn't referring to the cards, I was referring to the young lady sitting next to you, is that your wife?"
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Zack those are good.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
And your point is Don???
You can reword anything.

Ron,
Your link is not working.
Daniel Faith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Gags for invisible card routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL