The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Gags for invisible card routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Daniel I'm not rewording it. but just telling you so you can add it to your knowledge. I hope you understand what I'm typing.
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
Thanks Daniel for the heads up on that Cody Fisher site not working.
Try this one and click on the "Magicians only" panel.
http://www.codyfisher.com/main.html

Thanks -
Ron
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Have you ever seen an invisible card before? (they answer no) That's cause their invisible (said matter of facty)

JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Jon Stetson
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Jon Stetson
Don Alan must be turning over in his grave.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2004-12-26 13:58, Jon Stetson wrote:
Don Alan must be turning over in his grave.

I'm sure he is, Jon.

If only the topic starter had asked for ORIGINAL gags; this would have been a much shorter thread... MUCH shorter.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Most people like keeping their original Ideas a Secret.
Jon Stetson
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Jon Stetson
Quote:
On 2004-12-26 20:53, The Donster wrote:
Most people like keeping their original Ideas a Secret.

A thread like this is the reason why.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Magician Drops the Invisible Deck looks down and all around. Magician Says Excuse me But did anyone see where the Deck went to ?
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1022 Posts

Profile of jlibby
I recently put together a routine for an invisible dice prediction utilizing Larry Becker's Audio Prediction method. And I admit the gags aren't original with me, but hey, if they work, they work! These of course could be used for the ID or invisible anything else:

I ask the volunteer if he knows what these are. He naturally will say no. "This is the world's only set of invisible dice... At least I think it's the only set. If there's another one, I haven't seen it... I'm not sure I'm seeing it now!"
Now, that last line isn't really much of a joke, but if it's timed right and you build the laughs properly, you can get another laugh out of it.

I also have the volunteer "roll" the invisible dice a couple of times to prove they aren't loaded. With the ID, you could have someone "inspect" the backs to be sure they aren't marked!

For a final laugh, I give the volunteer the "dice" as a souvenier. With the invisible deck, you could give your volunteer the Invisible Joker (don't forget to "autograph" it first)!

Happy 2005!
Joe Libby
Ugly $5 Report is GOLD!

Grab your copy now:
https://makequickcashonlinenow.co.business
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
Incidently, slightly off-topic but however, for anyone who likes the invisible deck premise (and to be honest, who doesn't!) you could eliminate the deck and use Alan Shaxon's Invisible Card in Envelopes from his lecture notes and I believe it is also in one of his books though I cant remember which off-hand. The routine allows all of the fun and laughs but is, in my opinion a less-used, different version and in my stand up show I prefer it. Alternatively Paul Harris has released one but I believe the selection process isn't quite so clean.

Alan Shaxon's is well worth seeking out.

Cheers,
TM
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
194 Posts

Profile of Ilan
I got two which I always use.
First:
By the end of my whole ID routine, which is a few minute, I ask the person who "picked" a card what it was. -When I am asking him/her I have a big smile on my face-. They say 2 of heart for example. I drop my smile and take a second take. I say to them in a "soft" voice but everyone can hear. "Are you sure it was not the 4 of clubs, it want work if its not the 4 of clubs". This is said with a series voice and is really funny, if I do say so myself.
Second:
A good line which works for me and I hope it is original to me: I perform ID second last in my show (bc of Bill Melones idea). By this time they have seen some really cool magic. So when I do ID I make a big deal about them picking a card and reversing it. When I produce the deck I say, "now after everything you have seen here this evening, do you think it is possible that in this deck there is one card reversed and it is the "2 of hearts". They usually say yes they would believe me. (bc they have seen so much already). I then say, "okay cool so that means I don't have to prove it" and pretend to put the deck in my jacket pocket. This gets a laugh.
Very important, don't really put the deck back in your pocket, it should never leave their sight. They might think you switch it.

I hope this is understood by all. Use them they are really good. BUT REMEMBER, TIMING IS EVERYTHING.

Enjoy

Ilan
If you can't laugh at yourself, you are obviously not getting the joke
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Gags for invisible card routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL