We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Rubber bands? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Apparently there some very good rubber band effects. All I have in my modest library are a couple of tricks for 6-year-olds in Mark Wilson's book.

Could someone please briefly describe what sorts of effects are possible? I simply lack the imagination to foresee the magical possibilities of rubber bands.

Thanks

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Try our lovely new search function, and I think you'll find what you're looking for.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
CHECK OUT MY SITE
I have two original effects
1. breakaway bracelet
2. liquid band

or pm me with your email address and I will send you some demos and any one else that is interested.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
jrandcc
View Profile
Regular user
New York
141 Posts

Profile of jrandcc
Some very good rubberband effects are the linking bands, crazy man's handcuffs, and cut and restored. There have been coutless versions and variations of them, but they are all foolers. Mostly in books, Joe Rindfleisch has some very good original effects.
BobbyJ
View Profile
New user
Tucson, Az
48 Posts

Profile of BobbyJ
Michael Ammar has some good effects on his Classic Renditions volume 2
SmoothAM
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of SmoothAM
Yes, check out Ammar's tape, as well as Dan Harlan's "Bandshark" DVD. Very good effects with rubber bands.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Thank you all. I see that I just needed to think of the rubber band as a teeny, stretchy rope to get the idea. Penetrations. Knots. Oh yeah, that stuff!

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Charles Adams
View Profile
Regular user
Silver Spring, MD
156 Posts

Profile of Charles Adams
Check out Chad Sanborn's Mindbender DVD for a good variant of Crazy Man's Handcuffs (this effect is described in the Magic of Ammar and Ammar's Classic Renditions Vol. 2)
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
953 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Quote:
Yes, check out Ammar's tape, as well as Dan Harlan's "Bandshark" DVD. Very good effects with rubber bands.

If you haven't purchased my "Bandshark" DVD already, you'll be happy to know I'm running a special on it this week (plus a few other select items) just in case you'd like to gift it to someone special (even yourself). PM me for details.
--Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
jrandcc
View Profile
Regular user
New York
141 Posts

Profile of jrandcc
The two overwhelming "Encyclopedia of rubberband magic" are Joe Rindfleish's Elastrix, Dan Harlan's Rubberband series. Joe Rindfleisch is coming out with a DVD on rubberband stuff in a month or so from L&L.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Rubber bands? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL