The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika's Boomerang Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Quote:
On 2004-12-14 02:03, Pete Biro wrote:
WRONG... he let me do it and there was a thread across the room through the ball.

Oh man, that's all...I was hoping that Finn Jon would have gone all out by having turned his entire hotel room into one huge Fermi Superconductor or something. Oh well, I guess the old fashioned way is still good.

I better call Home Depot and cancel my huge order of electromagnets that I was going to install into my house. LOL
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
At first I thought Finn was the grandfather of the young girl in the Poltergeist movie Smile
Unfortunally the secret was not that un-natural..

But don't underestimate this hook up though, it's one of the best rigs you can do as a close-up levitation.

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
Quote:
On 2004-12-14 00:58, MJ Marrs wrote:

You couldn't see anything because Finn Jon probably surreptitiously planted some strong electromagnets (the Europeans are known for their mastery of physics) in the walls of the hotel room and the little red ball. Clever. Very Clever.

I lived in Germany for well over 7 years and even though they do a lot of things even they try to keep it simple when it comes to magic. I had a very good friend who we sadly lost by the name of Thomas Herling. One of the best close up guys I knew. He had some stuff that was simply amazing and when we were sitting around my living room I learned that a lot of his stuff had a very simple method. I like the line "think Elastic" !!! a Lot can be learned by that simple statement LOL.
enjoy!!
Joe Comet
Paul Hughes
View Profile
Regular user
UK
123 Posts

Profile of Paul Hughes
Chaps, I believe there's a video of it being performed on JBTV - do a search on the front page for "Boomerang" and it should link directly to the video.

Yo! Multiply I like the magnetic ruse! - I remember reading on the usenet the conjecture that huge magnets were the secret to Copperfield's flying!!!

- Paulie.
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Hi Pete,

I would like to know if the elastic thread supplied is black or transparent.

Thanks in advance!

Magically,

Doc Ronnie
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
It is funny.

A few months ago, I did a local lecture on thread work, highlighting my set up, and several effects possible with the set up. One of the biggest reactions I got from this room full of magicians was an effect where I tossed a card towards the ground. It sailed out about 6 feet, downwards towards the ground, and about an inch from the ground, it stopped, and changed direction, coming right back to my hand!

Needless to say, the magicians KNEW I was using thread, it was a THREAD lecture, after all, but they had NO IDEA HOW I could get the card to act in such a manner.

Literally 2 weeks after I did the lecture, I saw Mesika's effect on http://www.hocus-pocus.com. Funny how 'great' minds think alike! I am not sure if Mesika uses the same set up as I do, but to be honest, it is irrelevant, the effect is a KILLER for laymen and magicians alike.

Sean
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Boomerang card is REALLY cool. I have played with it for a few weeks now... I love it. it is possible to do the hummer card stuff (most of it) and also be able to do the boomerang move... its super easy to catch the card, and it really amazes people... I have had a hard time figuring out what to do with the effect, other than walking around throwing cards at people. later
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2005-04-10 17:36, rmoraleta wrote:
Hi Pete,

I would like to know if the elastic thread supplied is black or transparent.

Thanks in advance!

Magically,

Doc Ronnie

They have it at my local shop, but said you have to color the IT with a black marker. It made me not get it. It must be the elastic type, which can catch light. I wonder why they don't color it?
~Joe
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Yigal´s product line:

http://www.yigalmesika.com/
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Yup you do have to color it, and would recommend using TWO colors...pm me if you need any additional info
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika's Boomerang Card (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL