The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Univision LIVE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I thank the many of you folks whom have contributed to my knowledge of working television spots.

I have performed four taped pieces, but never any LIVE Feeds.

Armed with many of the snippets of wisdom from many of you, offer me great inspiration and confidence!

Please wish me the best of fortunes as I go LIVE tomorrow on the local Univision Television affiliate for 2.30 minutes of pure magic. It could lead to a permanent spot every evening "A trick a day".

I'll post my experiences and observations afterwards.
Gracias once again my people!~r2
http://www.magicofreyrey.com

p.s. A host taped my private performance and passed it on to a news director at the local Univision affiliate. Just goes to show, you never know who is watching and there is nothing wrong with letting the folks tape your live commercial spots at your private gigs.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Ahhh, I miss Univision. I don't see it anymore now that I don't live in Tucson.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I performed the cups and balls with 3 eyeballs as the final load using the line, "Have you heard folks say, the hand is quicker than the eyes?", "We as performers want you to believe that, but in reality, The eyes are quicker than the hands" (whilst I revealed each of the eyeballs).

I wrapped up the piece by floating "Losander's" table.

Observations: It was difficult to keep the camera from distracting me on the low angles for the close up work during the cups and balls sequence. I didn't want the final loads to be caught because the camera was in flush with the performance pad and the lip of the cups.

I kept the magic at face level as much as possible with a continuing reminder to keep smiling from a little cue card on the table.

I had to pretend that there were folks in the audience who were being amazed. The reporters were in a silent awe. So I drew a verbal response from them by asking if they'd ever seen anything like this? "No way, this is good!", was the response.

The program director asked if I would be interested in performing on television during the week. We'll see what develops. He wants to start it in January.
magicaldj1
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, Wisconsin
122 Posts

Profile of magicaldj1
Congratulations!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Univision LIVE (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL