We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » TT elite! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
I thought you folks might be interested in this...it's my little bit of "handy work".

Have a click here.
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
Wow! Nice job. How long did it take you to make it?
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
Thanks for the "WOW"! Smile

That was about 1.5 days work. There are gaps while molding materials and casting materials set. Now it takes me 2-3 hours to turn out a tip from my mold, including painting. I'm making a compact writing tip and a magnetic one as well.
Jemy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jemy
INCREDIBLE TT, I didn't know it was possible to make something so real. Nice job, Sure you'll make many jealous people here, me include.

:)
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1318 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
FANTASTIC My hacked off thumb is in the post to you please make a mold and return asap.
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
By far the best and most invisible looking TT I'v ever seen. But it doesn't seem it will fit much though, ex. a silk?
And since it so much work involved I guess we're talking a high price range here?

Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
BobbyJ
View Profile
New user
Tucson, Az
48 Posts

Profile of BobbyJ
I have a few custom made TT's. None of them look as realistic as yours. If I send you my thumb will you make me one?
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Nice Tom. Is it the hard type or the soft type? I have trouble with proper fit, I'll bet that one fits well.

Regan
Mister Mystery
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
WOW! That's excellent! It looks like you dublicated your thumb exactly!
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
It's amazing Tom

You really are a magician!
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
Thanks everyone!

It is a hard plastic tip. I am experimenting with soft ones soon. It is a snug fit in terms of diameter but has about 10-12mm (1/2 inch) on the tip free. I can make different versions easily. I am going to make up a giant version (25mm - 1 inch) I am making a m**n***c tip and a writer one soon. They will fit like a glove.

Obviously I have the advantage of a cooperative subject! HA HA!

The response I have had has been amazing so I am quickly working out a long distance solution for making them up. They do come at a price that reflects the amount of detailed work that goes into them. They must be considered SERIOUS tools and collectables.

If anyone has any GENUINE desires to discuss having one made, please email me tomlauten@hotmail.com

I suspect their will be a waiting list soon as the feedback I have recieved has been so encouraging.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2128 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Spec-tac-yoo-lar!!!
For a second, I thought the FIRST pic was of you wearing the TT, and was like HOLY #@&!! That's IMPOSSIBLE!!!! But the TT is the best I've seen. I'm a ham-handed guy myself and I'd definetely be interested in 2 or 3 of these.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Dark Thought 13
View Profile
Regular user
Washington D.C.
122 Posts

Profile of Dark Thought 13
Tom you have talent and the potential to earn some serious money with work like that.. You should think about all of the standard hand gimmicks that are used in magic & mentalism and create these for the serious performer..

I would point out though that a Vernet does the job exceptionally well, infact I watched some guy in vegas lecture using a Green tip.. No one saw it.

None the less that is good...
"I love the one with the plastic thumb!"
Someone who has seen a s*** magician
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
John Ramsay used to perform for magicians with a blue tip on....kind of says it all really
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
THUMBS UP man !!!!!!!!!!!
they look amazing !!!!
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1231 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
It's great! Could you make one that's ribbed... for extra pleasure?
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
GASP!!! I'm SHOCKED...but yes...no problem (perv...! Smile)

It's worth adding that I will be creating soft TTs soon.

I will also put up some photos of small PK tips, larger ones and TTs for magicians with dark (Hispanic, Afro-Caribbean and East Asian) skin tones.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Can you qoute us a price, or at least give us a "ball park" figure?

Regan
Mister Mystery
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
The cost for a custom "Elite TT" (from a casting of the performer's thumb) is £100 (GBP).

At the moment I am creating "Elite TT's" from Nimba Creation's work shop (my special effects facility in the UK)where performers visit for casting and fitting sessions.

I am currently arranging the logistics of supplying "Elite TTs" for artists in other countries.

If one is genuinely interested in having an Elite TT, plese contact me directly for more information. The site is also being updated regularly with further products and information.

tomlauten@hotmail.com
James Bateman
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of James Bateman
Makes you want to sing "some day my prints will come."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » TT elite! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL