The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » David Copperfield TV specials » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

3mjo
View Profile
New user
Germany
20 Posts

Profile of 3mjo
Hello! I am interested in David Copperfield's TV specials "The Magic of David Copperfield". Is there anybody who knows how and where I can get them? I am most interested in his early TV specials from 1977 to 1980. I am from Germany and all German magicians I talked to don't know where I could get them. I hope anybody is able to help me.

Thanks,

Johannes
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
His DVD has clips from the past. You can get it on his website.
3mjo
View Profile
New user
Germany
20 Posts

Profile of 3mjo
Yes I know. I own his DVD "Illusion". On this DVD there are only few clips from the past, but I am interested in the whole TV Specials. Perhaps kmows anyone where I can get them.

Thanks,

Johannes
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
3mjo I have David Copperfield's 15 years of magic, that might have what you are looking for.
PM me or email me if you want: info@joaopedroso.com

Best,
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
David Copperfield #15 was the "Fires of Passion" special in 1993. Copperefield #16 was entitled "Unexplainable Forces" and I believe was the last TV special. The "15 years" was a highlight special reviewing all of the years...I can't rembember exactly what year it aired....logically it should have been after "Fires of Passion." In any case, I have all of the Copperfield specials on tape, separate tape for each year.
Not sure what good that does, would love to get them transferred to DVD...concerned about what would happen to the quality.
ChristopherD
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
71 Posts

Profile of ChristopherD
Copperfield has released the early stuff on VCD in Asia (but not in the west)

I've seen them on e-bay, but be careful, the region coding on the disks may not play in all DVD players. That's why I havn't gotten them. I'd love to have that early stuff as well. Good luck and let me know too.

--Chris
Christopher David
closeupmagician
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of closeupmagician
I have all of the Copperfield Specials on DVD. They go all they way from "The Magic of ABC" to "Tornado of Fire," both the American and the International Versions. Truly great stuff..
Mark
gibson99
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gibson99
I am also interested in finding somwhere to purchase his entire catalog of specials. I probably have many of them on tape somewhere but it would be nice t ohave them on DVD.
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
If you are a member of S.A.M. they have a video library which may have what you want.
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Curious how closeupmagician has all the secials on DVD in both US and International?
ChillSauceMagic
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ChillSauceMagic
I have also seen many collections of all of davids work on ebay, but like mentioned above, they are all coming from asia and other countries and might not be coded correctly for american use. I would suggest checking http://www.themagicofdc.com/ for more information regarding these videos.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » David Copperfield TV specials » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL