The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Stephane Bourgoin's chop cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RickThibau
View Profile
Loyal user
Brazil
252 Posts

Profile of RickThibau
Just to uptade this so people can find information:

-SBMagik sells spare balls for 30 or 35 dolars. One normal and one shimmed.

I wrote here a brief review about the appearing pool cue, that I will produce after the final loads: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=4998592
Kip Stevens
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Kip Stevens
I have the dice cup and it totally ROCKS!!!

Beautifully crafted and a dinger of a routine to boot.

This sets THE standard!
RickThibau
View Profile
Loyal user
Brazil
252 Posts

Profile of RickThibau
Wow, Im very happy with it altough the spare balls ARE expensive...
I uploaded a video on my website and around 1'10" there is a glance of the chop cup:
http://www.rickthibau.com/videos.php?cod_video=9
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
The dice cup is a bit knacky in terms of getting the dice to stick every single time.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1326 Posts

Profile of rmendez
To get the die to adhere consistantly, try shaking the cup up and down in rapid succession. This works well for me.
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Thibauzitoooooo!!! Que inveja meu caro!!!!!!!!!! Smile

Abraçããããooo!!!
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
I wish to extend my public thanks to S.B. for producing the Pool Chop Cup! I won third place out of 15 in a magic competition this past weekend by using it.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13139 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Congratulations Carrie.

Tony
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1563 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Can anyone light me up where I can still find this nice pool chop cup? Many thanks!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

http://rubiksdream.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
magicreviews
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of magicreviews
I have owned the Pool Chop Cup and the Dice Chop Cup. The Pool Chop Cup did not hold the gaffed ball very well. You had to find the sweet spot which made it challenging to perform smoothly. I also did not think the cup looked like a pool table pocket. It looked like a pencil holder with green felt in it. Just did not work for me. Balls were nicely hand painted but noisy to load. Pool cue was great. A bit cumbersome to carry. Was able to ebay it for what I paid for it a year later so the set retains value.

The Dice Chop Cup has similar sweet spot issues -- wish these guys would use better gaffs. I do like the set, especially the rolled up bills for the final climax. Can't stack in the cup though.

Want the Tennis Chop Cup but not sure it is for me -- just want it!
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Profile of ChrisTheImpossible
Quote:
On 2009-03-16 10:17, Carrie Sue wrote:
I wish to extend my public thanks to S.B. for producing the Pool Chop Cup! I won third place out of 15 in a magic competition this past weekend by using it.

Carrie

Congrats! I use to own this trick but then I moved on to more street magic. Now I want to own it again! lol
www.MagicJunky.com
"A place for Magicians, Clowns, and Ventriloquists to Buy, Sell, and Trade new and or used items Free!"
Grant
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Grant
I may be biased as Stephane is a friend, but I love his chop cups. The mini tennis balls, ending with a real tennis ball as a final load, is reminiscent of Mike Rogers' mini baseballs. They look fantastic and people love them. Personally though, my preference is his dice cup routine. The props are great, and his routine is very strong.
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-12-15 12:09, rmendez wrote:
I've had these for a week now and will give you guys an honest review:

The Pool Chop Cup
Retail: $124.95

This is the most elegant set in the series which should probably be obvious after comparing costs. The chop cup is a pool pocket composed of a metal frame which houses a velvet lined bag pocket. The pool cue, the working balls and the final load balls are all hand painted and beautifully crafted in wood. Due to the hardness of the wooden balls you will have to perform this on a close-up pad. This set is arguably too elegant to perform with.

The Dice Chop Cup
Retail: $79.95

This one is priced somewhere in the middle relatively speaking. The dice cup itself resembles an ordinary although comparitively flimsy dice cup to what I am accustomed to considering I am also a dice stacker. Although this cup is perfectly adequate for performing a chop cup routine with, I strongly discourage any dice stacking as I don't believe it would hold up very long. I also recognize that it was never advertised as such. The nicest part of this set are the chopped dice which is probably this cup's saving grace. Due to the hardness of the dice you will have to perform this on a close-up pad. If you want one made to withstand stacking as well consider http://www.theambitiouscard.com/ Overall, this one works and is practical.

The Tennis Ball Chop Cup
Retail: $39.95

I must admit that this one is cute but is nothing more than an ordinary tin can gaffed with a tab of velvet which conceals the gimmick and is probably held in place by glue. I probably would have bashed it some, if it weren't for the fact that the chopped mini tennis balls weren't so *** nice. Overall it works and is practical.

Pool chop cup was recently on Ebay for sale. I passed it up. Thanks for the reviews.
www.MagicJunky.com
"A place for Magicians, Clowns, and Ventriloquists to Buy, Sell, and Trade new and or used items Free!"
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-03-04 09:37, Grant wrote:
I may be biased as Stephane is a friend, but I love his chop cups. The mini tennis balls, ending with a real tennis ball as a final load, is reminiscent of Mike Rogers' mini baseballs. They look fantastic and people love them. Personally though, my preference is his dice cup routine. The props are great, and his routine is very strong.

Are all these for sale? Any fruit chop cups from Stephane?
www.MagicJunky.com
How
View Profile
New user
Texas
99 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2013, ChrisTheImpossible wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-04 09:37, Grant wrote:

Are all these for sale? Any fruit chop cups from Stephane?

I have yet to see these for sale in a long time. I use to own it and I would say it is great! May be able to find it from time to time.
macsalza
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of macsalza
Nobody mentionned "Dice Chop Cup" from Stephane Bourgoin, a great routine, well structured, Nice
props (don't look gimmicked)

I'm really interested to know this routine. You can help me.
dalo
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of dalo
One of the best chop cups I know is the master chop cup by Tim Star.

Besides being beautiful it is also a technical marvel

http://creationsbystar.com/page26masterchopcup.html
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of Peckham
I have Tim Star’s copper lime cup and it is a beauty.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Stephane Bourgoin's chop cup (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL