We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Silly (but real) LeClaire Animator Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ykstem
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of ykstem
Haven't used Leclaire Animator in real performances yet (usually use loops to float a bill when performing), but would like to begin doing so.

I have been using the leClaire setup informally for a few years now. Here's my question - I keep my fingernails cut very short; don't want to reveal anything I guess, but those familiar with the traditional leclaire hookup will understand the difficulty this poses with re: to anchoring.

as a result, my anchor is on the back of the nail itself - a little more visible, but my only option. anyone else have this problem - and if so, how have you handled it?
Joe S.
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
227 Posts

Profile of Joe S.
I say give it a shot on the nail.

NOBODY is looking at your finger. Especially when a borrowed bill is FLOATING right before their eyes! Seeing that bill float is so amazing that most people wouldn't notice a hot pink th**m t**. Smile

Just my two cents.
Joe Skilton
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Why would anyone be looking at your fingernail when something else is happening? If you are still worried, you can always turn slightly to the side.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I understand what you guys are saying, about the short nail. My problem is the p*** P**d*. It always starts to kind of break up or become very soft where some of it stays you know where. What to do to stop this?
AqueousMagiK
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AqueousMagiK
I had to grow my nail to use this as well but before that I used wax , the tinyest amount, roll it into a (how do I explain this) kinda snake, a real small strip of wax and put it on the back of ur nail as you said, but put it right on the bottom where the skin touches the nail, where the moon thing is on ur nail,

If you do it right, the wax should look like part of the skin on your finger that attaches to the nail.

I hope I explained it enough.
Aaron Farrugia
ykstem
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of ykstem
Thanks AM, that makes sense
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17060 Posts

Profile of joseph
Yes, you hit the nail on the thread, but who uses his source for IT, or do you recommend another?
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
[quote]On 2004-12-15 00:11, Joe S. wrote:
I say give it a shot on the nail.

I use the back of the nail. On the one occasion it didn't hold I "invented" the floating bugger. Not an award winner, but memorable to the few who witnessed it.
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
826 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
I dye the putty flesh colored and put it on the back of the nail. Have had no problem.
AqueousMagiK
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AqueousMagiK
Yeah I use his thread, I find it to be more invisible than the thread from the magic store
Aaron Farrugia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Silly (but real) LeClaire Animator Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL