The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Super Chicken (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harry the Clown
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Harry the Clown
Could someone please tell me about the "Super Chicken" trick that you can buy from Hocus Pocus!
Love to know what the routine is all about!
Doesn't anyone preform it and is it go comedy magic?
Thanks
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
You might want to contact Hocus-Pocus on this one and Hound them for Questions.
Belleque
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Belleque
Hi!
Check out Barry Mitchell at http://www.barrymitchell.com. He is the tricks inventor and has a full explanation there. I've seen Barry perform several times and he is a great creative comic entertainer who uses magic skillfully. He has several great effects. While super chicken is not my favorite it is very entertaining and a great audience participation effect. Hope this helps!

Brett
Harry the Clown
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

I did get a reply from Hocus Pocus and this is what they wrote...
The Super Chicken routine is like the bandanna banana effect. It is a play on words with kids from the audience. Just when they think you blew it the magic happens.

Brett I don't know if you do the Bandanna trick, its really funny to do!!! Does the "super chicken" get the same results?
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I use "Super Chicken" in all shows where the venue makes it usable. It's hilarious, the audience participation makes the routine, the props are great, and it will elicit tons of laughter. The magic during the routine isn't overshadowed (due to the timing) by the comedy, either.

Steve Thomas
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
Does anyone perform this for adult only shows? How does it go over?

Thanks
Kent
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I'm sure it probally goes over quite well. it just depends on how good the performance is.
Harry the Clown
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

I contacted Barry Mitchell from his web site - Thanks for the info!
And he email me the whole routine to read and it does sound good!
Contact him if you would like to know more!

Love to hear how the trick comes across when you follow Barry's script!
Like Kent Massmer's question it would be good to hear more!!

Thanks for your lame comment "Donester"! Like we dodn't know that!!!!
Mr Phil
View Profile
Regular user
Tilton, New Hampshire
160 Posts

Profile of Mr Phil
Hello All

I used Super chicken all last summer in my library show. I still use it when the venue is right for it. It plays very well.
A few pieces of advice I would offer is...

1) Be very careful in the helper you choose. The helper you choose will make or break the routine. I pick a happy, show off type of kid. I find it is better with boys for some reason. A non animated kid will slow the routine

2)Make the routine tight, be doing something all the time the tape is playing.

3)Make sure they can here the voice over. The routine will drag if they can't hear the jokes on the audio.

4) Take some time to plan out your movements with the helper. Have fixed in your mind exactly what you are going to do each moment.Then play with people around you before you perform it. Try different poses, get silly, get to know the silly part as well as you can. The better you do at the first part the more reaction you can get when magic happens I asked every one I knew to play the part of nuggett so I could practice my part. I got a lot of good bits of business this way

5) Have a zip lock bag in the case. At the end of the routine pour the egg into the bag and offer to your helper to go home and practice. Not only is this funny but the egg is now contained so it will not spill. It will make an awful mess if you forget to deal with the egg.

6) I got a case of small (about 2 inch ) rubber chickens and gave one to each helper. I let them choose they can have the chicken or the egg. (see #5). I put a small cloth cape around the small chicken with my contact information. Shameless yes but I still get call from it.

7) as for Adult shows,be selective with your helper and I think it is even better than with a kid. But I enjoy that kinda stuff.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any help

Phil
Mr. Phil & Co. Quality Family Entertainment, Guaranteed! (603) 286-3029 WWW.mrphilandco.com Snail Mail to: P.O. Box 31 Tilton, NH 03276
ThimblesAndPaintballs
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of ThimblesAndPaintballs
Hey harry... this is a great routine... it probably wouldnt be great for an all adults show as you have to dress up a CHILD in the costume.
Harry the Clown
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Thanks heaps for the good feed-back on the "Super Chicken". That's what this Post is all about! Barry Mitchell does sell some good magic items! And sometimes you need to know a little more about a trick before you go out and buy it!
And the Magic Café ie a great place to do that! Thanks Magic Café!
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
Does the CD mention the case? I want to just buy the cd/dvd combo, and would probably not use a case.
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
Is this routine very similar to the vanishing bandana one?
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
According to the above posts it is similar.
Daniel Faith
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3798 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I use it all the time. I think it's actually funnier with adult shows. The audience goes crazy.
abbascup
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of abbascup
Getting an adult to play along makes it great fun. You don't have to use the cape.
Then maybe an egg being laid at the end of the routine makes for some laughs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Super Chicken (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL