The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Anyone got an Impromtu effect with a Screwdriver? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
nornb
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of nornb
Hello all, seasons greetings!
I have a small electrical testing screwdriver that is often in my pocket. (approx, the length/width of a sharpie)
Can you steer me to any effects using this?

I have found a "Pen Thru Note" effect which uses a note that is actually torn but just not where you think it should be or are looking. Thanks Tony Parx.

Thanks,
Norn

[[The screwdriver has a small battery and L.E.D. bulb in it and is very handy for finding breaks in wiring, continuity of circuits, etc. which personally I find pretty magical in itself!]]
Yfirum
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Yfirum
Hard one...
you could do the impromptu "finger thru bill".
unfortunately I can't remember who published it nor where it was published. but I'm sure someone else here in the Café will know.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I'm not quite sure about the type of screwdriver you are referring to. But, it sounds like working something out with a d'lite would be possible.
Nicholas
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Put some dots on it and use the paddle move.
Daniel Faith
Dolphin
View Profile
Regular user
Slovenia
171 Posts

Profile of Dolphin
I think he has an electric screwdriver in mind and those type usually have transparent handle, so the dots could be seen. Hmmm impromtu effect using a screwdriver? I don`t know, maybe some type of knife through jacket, let`s say screwdriver through jacket? I know, very original Smile
green4magic
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of green4magic
I use a screwdriver instead of a knife for a card stab in bag routine with a borrowed deck.
I find spectators never suspect screwdrivers; however, will think knife was rigged.
I carry the screwdriver in my belt along my spine and whip it out thrusting it into the bag. The audience reaction is "Wow-I never saw that coming!"
nornb
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of nornb
Thanks for the input folks.

The d'lite idea is a possiblity.
Dolphin is right, it is one of those transparent handled ones, approx $4 from a supermarket made by Draper, a very handy tool for finding faults. When you shortout the point of the screwdriver and top end of the handle using your fingers the red LED lights. I had better get myself a d'lite so I can pull the light out of the handle. Not totally impromptu, but good idea, thanks.

You can also use another person (or two) to complete the circuit - "If we hold hands and you touch the very tip of this {'perfectly oridinary'} screwdriver.. Oh look at that... that light means we have a very magical connection between us!" [Cheesy and Patter are my middle two names]

The blade is fairly narrow so I do not think it would impress in a knife through jacket or paddle moves.
Using as a card stab is also a possiblity, here in Scotland there is pressure on not to carry knives. And using a screwdriver is an option to my current fingernail-clipper-handle stab!!
I'll keep an eye out for "finger thru bill".

Once again thanks alot,
Norn
Avin
View Profile
New user
Georgia
53 Posts

Profile of Avin
Flip Sticks? David Williamson's Striking Vanish, perhaps with the appropriate-headed screw?
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
You could just say that it is your wand!

Build a 'screwdriver thru anything' to match your driver.

Use IT to animate it.

Use PKMags to animate or vanish it.

Make it lite up over a chosen card or envelope. (again, your wand).

Stab your arm with it (not literally).

IT finger balance.

Hope that gives you some ideas.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
magicshift
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of magicshift
Ok, I got it, How about you pretend you had an accident doing your work and slam your hand down with the screwdriver in it. When you lift up your hand after a good scream you reveal it has vanished without a trace. You could then produce it out of thin air and all you have to do to accomplish this is flip stick move.

magicshift
nornb
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of nornb
Thanks for the help.
All great ideas - I'm off to practice.

All the best,
Norn
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Card stab using a paper bag, the way we used to do it at the New York Lounge in Chicago would work with the right tip on the driver.

If doing a character that's supposed to be a handyperson, use it like a magic wand and keep saying, "Let's not screw this up!" :ow:

Do a card stab on the table using the back end and some of the usual stuff for card on ceiling on it to make the effect happen.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
BlackShadow
View Profile
Special user
London UK
666 Posts

Profile of BlackShadow
Levitation under palm of hand using the time tried method of steadying wrist with other hand Smile
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Consider this, nornb.
Think “Needle thru arm”

Approach someone and tell them that you could use their help.

“Do you have a bandage, or something I can use when I pull this thing out of my arm. Somehow I managed to stab myself, it really hurts.”

Bob
PS: This idea is almost worth getting a larger screwdriver to keep with you.
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
You can do Blockhead with a screwdriver...with practice.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Knife Through Coat ala Bob Read.

Fl!p St!ck

Almost any PK effect while seated at the table. Possible line: "Look, it's not a power screw driver - of course it's Spirit Power!!"

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Tool theme... you could get Doc Eason's trick with the big nuts and bolts (3 in hand 1 in pocket with kicker ending). Screwed Deck by Paul Harris, I believe. Stretching screwdriver. Shrinking screwedriver.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Vanishing coin in spectator's hand
Bending pencil illusion
Card stab
Flip vanish
Blockhead
PK effects
Dowsing
Magic wand
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Sankey/Harkey's East Meets West pencil through bill would be a nice option. Originally Jay omitted the Post It Note and it looked great...

The bill is unharmed at the end and can be left with the spectator.
nornb
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of nornb
Thanks for your input folks.
It is appreciated.

All the best,
Norn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Anyone got an Impromtu effect with a Screwdriver? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL