The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where can I find some U.S. Half Dollars??? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mitch
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
157 Posts

Profile of Mitch
Hi!

I live in Toronto so don’t have access to U.S. Coins. I had a friend go to NYC this weekend and he offered to pick up a bank roll of U.S. Half Dollars for me...but he said he went to 3 banks and none of them carried the coins.

I have another friend on vacation in Florida this week (lucky guy) and he offered to pick up some for me as well...but I need to tell him where to find some.

Your help would be appreciated ...thanks!

Mitch

p.s. just looking for Kennedy Halves
Mitch Solway
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
I have always gotten mine at the bank Mitch. Even smaller banks usually have them. I have never seen them in a roll, however. Perhaps that's causing the confusion. When asked for a "roll" of them a lazy teller might just say, "We don't have a roll," without offering any other info.
Yakworld.
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
You can find them at the bank, but most banks do not carry them in rolls you have to buy singles. Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Look in the Yellow Pages under "Coin Dealers". My local coin shops (there are two) will give me post '64 Kennedys for face value and 1964 Kennedys (all silver) for $2, and that's way up here in Alaska. Not surprisingly, this beats the magic dealers, who want $6 for the silver Kennedys.

Regards,

Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Mitch
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
157 Posts

Profile of Mitch
Thanks folks!

He just sent me an e-mail - 5 down and 35 to go (looking to get 40)...good thing he has an entire week off! Heck, he reports into me so he will keep at it if he knows what is good for him Smile
Mitch Solway
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
I don't know if this helps you as it's really for magicians in Europe, but The Merchant of Magic stocks US halfs

http://www.merchantofmagic.com

Hope this helps.
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
I have had good luck finding walking liberty halves on E-BAY.

Also Kennedy's, silver dollars, chinese coins, you name it.

hope this helps.

Tony
Tony Chapparo
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Does Las Vegas still uses the halves for the slot machines? I got mine when a friend went there for a tour 3 years ago. I got a roll of 1996 and they are in very good condition. I'd wish I could get some more. Smile
Bernard Sim
Mitch
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
157 Posts

Profile of Mitch
Hey..just FYI..my buddy ended up getting my all I needed on his trip back in December as per my post above...but looks like others still finding it difficult to get them...seems that they are still readily available at many U.S. Banks...but not all.

Mitch
Mitch Solway
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where can I find some U.S. Half Dollars??? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL