The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » To the flourish community... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ralphgironda
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
I saw this on Chris Keppel's website and I thought it was funny!

http://www.chriskeppel.com/flourishes%20in%20a%20bottle.mpg

great job chris, cant wait for your dvds to come out! Will you send me a bottle of Flourishes in a bottle... Smile lol

Ralph

ps - The video might have been sped up a little...lol but chris does have some real card skillz!
Brickster
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Brickster
There is no such thing as the flourish community
ralphgironda
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
I was refering the flourishers at the magic Café...
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2004-12-21 12:03, Brickster wrote:
There is no such thing as the flourish community

I'm sure you know what he meant.
Burns
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Burns
Maybe he's stupid... like me? lol nvm just a stupid (ehy!) joke.

I saw this and. duh. I would buy that if I got it for free... (hmm did that sound logical? lol)
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous..." -GrumpyOwl-

"I don't invent, I do Personal Discoveries" - Myself-
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
Community? So this is a community now? Theres no such thing as the flourish community
I like cards.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Haha, funny video.

The cut was pretty nice too, keep it up.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
MetalBender
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of MetalBender
Oh sure there's a community, it's a gated community, haven't you been invited to join, or can you not afford the rent? j/k.
"Magic up close and personal, the way is should be."

http://www.DelusionMasters.com
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Hey guys, thanks for the posts. I just threw that together goofing around. Yes the speed up part is just a joke. I sure did speed it up, that's the funny part because I say its not. You all know that its the flourishes n a bottle that makes me go that fast. I didn't speed it up for real. hahah lol. You all should see the new video I have. I'm not going to post it untill the dvd's are out, but its tight. Funny as hell too. I talked to my company that's putting them out and they said hopefully Jan 17th 2k5 or so. They have been done since before thanksgiving but now we are working on the covers and printing ect. I should get my final copy sometime this week to look over and see if there is any final changes, credits, anything to add ect. Not sure if they are going to release them both at the same time either. I think we are releasing "Against the grain" first, then Chops about 2 months later. Since some great dvds such as THE SYSTEM and the COBRA DVD are out and now the GENERATION X is coming out in about a month we might wait a minute before CHOPS comes out. Keep checking my site for more vids. Right now there is just a few that I was messing around in. Hopefully by the time the dvds come out I will have my site totally changed and all new vids recorded. We are also spending a little more for some tight effects and graphics. Should be very nice. Thanks to all you flourisher and xcm out there.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
My chops dvd has lots of great material on it. Cuts, flashy stuff, ace pop outs, king productions, one card productions ect. And for all you people out there that like to bash the sybils, NO NO NO its not a sybil dvd. I have one cut on there that looks sort of like sybil but the breaks are different, the swings are different and the finger placement is different and so is the ending. Just to clear that up before it even starts. It really has some usable material. Those demo videos were just screwing around. Most of that stuff isn't even in the dvd. A few of the things are. The Against the grain dvd as well has lots of cool usable material. If you do table work or walk around then its a great dvd. I have about 5 things on there that are perfect for walkaround. Then I have some great stuff that would be very nice for openers, and closers of a close up act. Then a few other things that I added for fun. Just remember. Sometimes the guys you don't hear about a lot have some of the best and most usable material. Hints the name why people are sometimes called underground, because they just havent gotten there name out yet. Hopefully once the dvd is out we will have demos of most of the stuff on the dvd so you will know exactly what your buying. Thanks for the intrest.
www.chriskeppel.com
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
I am never sure when I hear of someone releasing a DVD when I heard nothing of them, becuse most of the time, its the old boring stuff, the people wants to teach other people to get some money when they barely can do the moves themselves.

But I saw Chris Keppels material together with some famous names in a magazine Penguin is selling, like Lee asher for an example.

I havent seen much from him though, might consider getting it when I hear more of eventually see a Demo video.

keep it up Chris.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Looking forward to it Chris!
Caution
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Caution
Looks like another sybil DVD.lol Just because you call it 2 handed cutting or swivel cutting, it's still all the same thing.
Mike
UBKuel, IBkuel.
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Yea, they were going to release of few of my tricks and one cut in this months channel one about the midwest crew. If any of you were keeping track that issue it was cursed from the beginning. They did add my very funny version of Pimp Smacked in there. Check it out if you get a chance. I also have a few effects coming up in John Borns new card book expected to be released shortly. Just to clear it up as well. The Chops dvd is not just cuts. Has a bunch of cool things on there. Penguin will be releasing it after the new year. Also these few little things I threw together was just messing around. Nothing really to promote the dvds. I just was screwing around making small teasers. Penguin is doing a top notch job on them. I should get the final copies to look over and let you all know what I think. Im my biggest critic. Just a heads up. I have a very funny skit on the chops dvd like no other. Im having a card fight with myself and myself and myself. There are 3 of me in the same shot having a card war. The editing is tip top and came out perfect. Its like some movie effects. Im battling myself, the shocker, and kepp daddy. Its great. We made these dvd's like no other as well. They have many funny parts, skits and extras to make it all the more better viewing fun.
www.chriskeppel.com
WICKED
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of WICKED
Quote:
Just to clear it up as well. The Chops dvd is not just cuts. Has a bunch of cool things on there.

Cool things like?
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Read the above post. Ace productions, King popouts. Royal flush production and display. One card production, various cuts, and cool funny skits and crazy things in between to make it an enjoyable video. Im not trying to compete with the big dogs here. I happen to love Devo's, the Bucks, Tudor, and Jerry's material. I do a lot of each of there stuff. I give them mad props for making the xcm and flourish world what it is today. Without people like them we wouldnt have a lot of the crazy stuff that we do have. Ive seen some uncut footage of Tudors new video and I have to say its some crazy off the wall shiznit. Im just trying to get the name around and get my material out for anyone who's into the same stuff I am. You cant please everyone, and for sure not the haters. There is always going to be someone who doesn't like someones material. You cant help that. that's the way it is. There is some stuff of many people's material I don't like. I don't bash it just to make a post. I just forget it and move onto their stuff that I do like and enjoy doing.
On my demo videos, as I said. I threw those together messing around. Only one cut and 2 productions are even on the dvd. It has totally different material then whats on those vids. I just threw them up to have some videos on my site. As for the flourisher n a bottle. Its just messing around. Im not trying to impress anyone or do some two bit cheesy editing just to make certain people happy. I just did it for myself. If you don't like my material, great. don't BUY IT. Im not going to go broke over it. If you like it nice, if not who cares. don't base my dvd's off of the 30 second videos that I threw up because the material is not whats on the dvd's. The reviews will speak for themself once the dvd is out. As for the "Against the grain" dvd. that's not cuts and flourishes at all. that's my card work and tricks I use every time I do my restuarants and walk around gigs and/or close up show. All my material is audience tested and gets great reactions. And as stated above. We are thinking about putting basicly all the material on the demo video once its out. You will see exactly what your buying. If you don't like it. don't buy it, simple as that.
www.chriskeppel.com
Caution
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Caution
Kool.
Mike
UBKuel, IBkuel.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Pretty funny video . Now what are these DVD's that I hear you are coming out with ?
Would be intrested to see a demo if at all possible.
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Im letting Penguin do the demos because they have all the top quality footage and cameras ect. My camera sucks as you can see in my videos. They already have them done. They just wont put them up until pre orders begin and the dvd's are ready to be released. To tell you the truth, I cant wait to see them myself. Ive been waiting the last few days for my final copies to arrive so I can see it all for the first time as a finished product. I should get them any day now. Max told me he wants to have them out around the 17th so I'm guessing that the demo will be up a few days before they are ready to start selling. As you know with any thing there can always be a hold up (knock on wood) We were trying to have them out this month before christmas but we are setting up the cover layout and all as we speak. We are also having a guy add some very cool visual effects and graphics. Im sending maxwell a new small clip that will be added to the demo this week. Once I get the copies and check for any things to add, or take away. I will give them the ok and printing will begin. Shouldnt be long after that. I talked to the guys at penguin in the editing department and they say that they came out very nice. Top notch visual quality, and my explanations couldn't be more clearer. For the chops dvd. No rewinding 80 times. I go over each move, swivil, production ect very well with 3 different camera angles. Front, side, and over the shoulder. I also keep repeating so that you don't have to rewind. Just follow along with me and your good to go. People should have no trouble at all learning the effects. I also give full credit where do on every move, slieght, ect in the video, and we added a credits page in the dvd menu which shows each and every credit throughout the whole dvd. Truthfully I really think these are going to be great dvd's for begginer to advanced. A lot of usable material on the "Against the grain"
"Chops" is different. That dvd will be more for flourisher, and the fellas into false cuts and flashy pop outs and productions ect. No actuall card effects as in card tricks on this one. I will try to keep you all posted on the progress.
www.chriskeppel.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Sounds intresting I will keep my eye out for them. If I miss them then drop ,e a line to let me know there up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » To the flourish community... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL