The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » The best close-up case I ’ve found (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Von
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Von
In my local club everybody has started carrying their close-up and some parlor size magic in cases that were bought at Lowe’s.

I have bought 3 for myself and have ended up selling 2 of them.

They are made as tool boxes. Constructed of shiny aluminum and inside have perforated foam so you can custom fit it to your magic. They are lockable and are carried like a brief-case when closed.

You can put a close-up pad in top of the case and when ready to perform pull it out, close the case and lay the pad right on top of the closed case and perform.

The case lid has a removable foam piece that when the case is closed will press firmly against your magic to keep it from moving around.

Check it out at Lowes

$25 for a good case. Smile
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Thanks for the information Von, I'll have to check it out. Yea, like I need another case!

Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Excellent Von!

Thanks!

Smile
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
We all need more cases Smile
Von
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Von
The current price on this case is $20, maybe for Christmas only. Its made by Task Force. Smile
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
Hmmmm I like that better then my Kmart close up case Smile

Pulling out credit card, time to head to Lowes! Smile Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Hey Von!

I went ahead and got the case at Lowes tonight!

I love it! Holds the props in place, looks nice and above all holds a lot of my stuff!

Thanks for the great tip!

Smile
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Tricky
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Tricky
grrr wish we had lowes in GB
mikeB
View Profile
New user
UK
84 Posts

Profile of mikeB
Went to B&Q yesterday and bought one of their aluminium tool cases for just over £10. No foam insert but sections you can move around. I'll need to add more and possibly some foam as well. They come in two sizes.

Maybe worth checking out.

Cheers

Mike Smile
Cheers

Mike
Your Reality Is A Figment Of My Imagination
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I am also guilty of owning a couple of these types of inexpensive cases, I found mine at Walmart for $30.00 cdn. Well made and highly recomended for anything you want to carry too be well organized and protected.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
Hi. If you go to http://www.repromagic.co.uk you will see an advert for a close-up case that I like and use. It starts as a case and unfolds to create a little table. It is about £100.

Regards,
TempleMagic
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Can you be a bit more specific with that link? I went there and couldn't find any ads for cases or tables...
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
JBmagic
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
110 Posts

Profile of JBmagic
This is a great tip!
I thank you very much for this info. i made a trip and picked one up, checked it out at home, and am now heading back to pick up another 6 or 7!

Thanks again!
Jay Buchanan
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
You guys are so lucky...ever tried fitting juggling props into a case like that?! I have a flight case that used to house a guitar amplifier. Looks well cool Smile

Slainte!

Smile
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I use a leather doctor's bag. I got it from Hank Lee's.I ordered it along with the Magic Box by Arlen.They said both were in stock. I got the doctor's bag in a few day's.I waited a month for the Magic Box.In otherwords they lied about having the Magic Box in stock. Smile Smile
berseus
View Profile
New user
Sweden (live in London)
49 Posts

Profile of berseus
For those of us living in England Dixons sells a small aluminum camera case for 8.95 which is excellent to carry your close up stuff around in.
"How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else." - R. Buckminster Fuller
bdormer
View Profile
New user
Maryland, USA
49 Posts

Profile of bdormer
For anyone interested in the Lowes cases - I have 3 (one about 3 years old, two new). The OLD ones (square corners) are slightly bigger and will hold my large close-up pad in the lid without wrinkling. I was somewhat disappointed that the new cases (rounded corners and a tad shallower) wouldn't take my closeup pad without putting a curl in the edges. On the up side, the cases sell (on the East Coast) for about 17 bucks. But now I have one "oddball" case.
TOBIAS
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle Magic
221 Posts

Profile of TOBIAS
I love mine. I have three sizes.

I use the small one for almost every day use. It holds:
a close-up pad
6 decks of cards
two packets
2 rolls of silver dollars
4-2" sponge balls
two additional coin purses
3 jumbo coins
wand
cups & balls
4 final loads
peanut can
wax
rubber band ball
3 spoons
4 super sharpies
a knife
a empty bag
two silks
/2 jumbo paper clips
2-2" die
4-1/2" die
250 business cards

Then my small black box I only let special people look inside. It is where I keep MY stuff. Now think is it possible to fit all this stuff in a small close up case? Smile
Be true to your art, and it will be true to you
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I just ordered the smaller closeup case from magicsmith about Three weeks ago then found out its back ordered for who knows when.

Does "we stock what we sell" mean anything?

I hate waiting for packages more than anything else in the world.
Its not the bigger MAK one, its the smaller one for $35
Anyways does anyone else have this case?
Is it any good?
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
MagiclDave
View Profile
New user
Maryland
50 Posts

Profile of MagiclDave
I bought one of those regular breifcases made for paper and other things for business men at a yard sale for $5 and then went and bought a drawer organizer that i put into the briefcase and it works sooooo well for only a total of ten dollars!!!

-Dave Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » The best close-up case I ’ve found (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL