The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hello Everyone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vash_The_Stampede
View Profile
New user
Scotland
4 Posts

Profile of Vash_The_Stampede
My friend and I are starting a magic/geek/freak/circus double act performing a wide array of tricks and stunts but are infulenced heavily by the Geek and Fakir trick side of it can anyone help us with any tips..

So far I have learnt juggaling clubs on a unicycle,block-head and a comedy escaplogy act.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Try glasswalking.

You also need some sideshow banners.

Yours,

Paul
Vash_The_Stampede
View Profile
New user
Scotland
4 Posts

Thanks a lot I have tried glass-walking once or twice but I hurt myself...not to badly...but I know the secret behind it and I am practising.
darkp0is3n
View Profile
New user
Texas
58 Posts

Profile of darkp0is3n
Glass walking is fairl easy to learn, even though I have taught myself the act, I never got cut once, I got a little sliver of glass stuck in my foot one time though, god that was bad. I had to take a razor blade to the heel of my foot and cut it out, it was WAY in there, other then that. It is a great act, I loved it. Until my dad through away all my glass, I was hacked about that...
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Vash, I may be being unfair about this, but all my senses say you are not ready to incorporate sideshow acts into your life...They require an attitude you don't seem to have. All the acts can bite you, some very seriously Doing real shows is a hard thing, a different sort of life style, and never to be thought of as "See what I can do." Later in life you can expect to be scarred, debilitated, and your contemporaies will probably look at you as a lesser person... Think deep about this. I am one of the few masters left and speak from a lot of experience... At least get a professional teacher.
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
darkp0is3n
View Profile
New user
Texas
58 Posts

Profile of darkp0is3n
Slim has a great point, I myself used to self teach all of the acts that I know to this day. But I realized that it just isn't worth being seriously or minorly injured over. Some day I will get professional help, and by that time I will know for sure if it is a lifestyle I would like to persue.
Vash_The_Stampede
View Profile
New user
Scotland
4 Posts

I have always wanted to do be able to perform for an audeince and in my own special way I have always been interested and facsinated by the sideshow lifestyle....even as a younger child I wanted to work and grown up to be a "carny".

And sanscan I really respect you and look up to you, but the way I have typed my posts out is just because of where I have been brought up. I see this life as my calling.
jennieprice
View Profile
Regular user
Quartzsite, Az
118 Posts

Profile of jennieprice
That may be true now, but will it be so in a few years time? There's a lot of damage that you can do that you'll not know about til years later. Ask Sanscan about that sometime. Either that, wonder about things then you're laying in hospital with no face left.
Listen to what he says. There are many ways to entertain an audience, but you first have to learn to be ENTERTAINING. Learn to do that first before you rush into getting the acts down asap. I suggest going to a theatre group, something like that.

Jennieprice
darkp0is3n
View Profile
New user
Texas
58 Posts

Profile of darkp0is3n
I am thinking on taking a thatre class next semester of school, I don't know. It might be later on in my highschool life when I do it again. I didn't like it the first time. Yeah,I have been burned before, it's no fun, just a burn on my lower chin. But that set me to not want to mess with fire again until I am professionally trained. Jennie has a great point though, I have allways been told to learn how to present my acts to a audience then really get into depth on learning the actual act.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
In the TV movie, "The Culpepper Cattle Company," the green kid tells a seasoned cowpuncher that it has always been his life's ambition to be a cowboy.

The old drover's response: "Hell of an ambition, kid...hell of an ambition."

I've done sideshow stunts too, including fire eating and human pincushion. The only stunt I still do is the leghold trap stunt. I gave up the others because I want to live longer and be in better health.

Listen to Slim; he knows what he's talking about.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hello Everyone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL