The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Not Your Usual Hospital Performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Holy cow! Magic on the operating table! Man you walk the walk! Get better soon!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
What a ham! Gather the crowd and perform till the end! Glad it went well!! Talk about always being prepared to perform!
Life of Magic!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I have to wonder if I myself were in that position (no pun intended) if I would be able to pull it off in the same manner.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Doug, in that position using a pull would not be advisable!

:lol:

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
NeonMessiah
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of NeonMessiah
Funny that you did Crazy Man's Handcuff's. A routine that involves a rubber band PENETRATING another, but you couldn't get yours to penetrate the IV line? Hilarious moment of reality vs. magic. You got lucky that the nurse didn't bust you on that one. With my luck, I would have gotten the smart-a$$ nurse.

Hope the surgery made the difference!
JeffrobodeantheMagicdude
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Bill,

People who don't ride horses just don't understand. Lucy and I haven't ridden a horse since yesterday. (In fact we just got back from real horse country, Ocala, Florida and my daughter trains horses at the ranch in Wyoming.) Lucy is a doctor and will tell you that plenty of people didn't ride horses and they died. Play it safe. Ride a horse!

Good luck on your recovery. Horses are good medicine!

Bob & Lucy
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Alas, it's supposed to be raining for the next few days, so riding's out for a while. The day before Thanksgiving we got a third horse - a 9-year-old Polish Arab gelding - which I hope to use for endurance riding. Lots of therapy, that.

I'm feeling much, much better. Thank you all for your kind words.
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Quote:
On 2004-12-22 22:01, S2000magician wrote:

This was the first time that I had done the routine lying on my back staring up at the ceiling,

If this was the first time you've done magic lying on your back, you should get out more. It's the most fun way...
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2005-01-05 12:44, Joshua Lozoff wrote:
If this was the first time you've done magic lying on your back, you should get out more. It's the most fun way...

It must be like single-malt Scotch: an acquired taste.

;)
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Depends on the magic you're doing while flat on your back - or the single-malt scotch, for that matter!
:lol: Smile Smile

Lee "mind's still in the gutter, you betcha!" Darrow, C.H.
(and no, it doesn't stand for "Certified Heckler" thank you all very much!) Smile
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2005-01-05 12:55, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-01-05 12:44, Joshua Lozoff wrote:

It must be like single-malt Scotch: an acquired taste.

;)

Funny follow-up: two years ago I got invited to a Macallan single-malt Scotch tasting. Having never had Scotch, I turned to a friend of mine - another magician and a single-malt aficionado - to ask if Macallan were any good. He said that it was quite good, but that if I'd never tried Scotch I should get an inexpensive single-malt (he suggested Dewer's) and drink about a finger each day for at least a week before the tasting, to get accustomed to it.

I got the Dewer's, and the first time I tried it I liked it. So much for being an acquired taste. (I did drink a finger a day for a week, just to be safe.)

Of all the luck, the morning of the Scotch tasting I got a phone call asking if I could teach a CFA workshop that evening . . . for $700. I had to pass on the Scotch tasting.

So here I am, sitting in Geneva, Switzerland, typing away on the Magic Café, sipping a 10-year-old Laphroaig. I got a bottle of Macallan at Costco a few days after the tasting; my friend was right: it's quite good. I've since decided that I really like Islay Scotches (Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Ardbeg), Talisker, Oban, Aberlour (their A'bunadh - a cask-strength at 120 proof - is a real sippin' whisky), and, whilst on a horse drive in Northeastern Idaho, Tormore (brought by two women from Aberdeen; Tormore doesn't export to the U.S., alas).
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Please tell me you're not drinking them on the rocks... Scotch is best appreciated at room temp.

And... on the OP:

Way to think on your... feet? LOL
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2012-11-03 17:41, Ekuth wrote:
Please tell me you're not drinking them on the rocks... Scotch is best appreciated at room temp.

Neat, thank you.

Quote:
On 2012-11-03 17:41, Ekuth wrote:
And... on the OP:

Way to think on your... feet? LOL

Thanks again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Not Your Usual Hospital Performance (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL