The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » "Fakir's Ordeal" from J.C. Cannell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mitchert
View Profile
New user
Texas & Beyond
6 Posts

Profile of mitchert
I guess it's not technically an escape, but the "Fakir's Ordeal" spike penetration is in Cannell, which I assume is required introductory reading for would-be escapists, so I figured some of you might have some insight on it. (Man, that was a long sentence). Anyone done this? Is so, how'd it play? And where exactly does one obtain the type of spikes required to pull it off?
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Can you please post more info on this.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Fakir's ordeal was once marketed in the form of a pillory where spikes were driven through both wrists and neck, under the name, "Demon of Doom."

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Steve thank you is there a way to see a pic at all of it ?
mitchert
View Profile
New user
Texas & Beyond
6 Posts

Profile of mitchert
I've never actually seen it done with the gimmick described by Cannell, so I don't have any pictures. The basic idea is that a fakir lies on a piece of wood and has another piece put on top of him. An assistant hammers a 24 inch spike into the center of the top piece and the spike emerges through the bottom piece in the same location and thus, by all appearances, has gone straight through the middle of the fakir. I'll PM with details of how it's supposed to work, as I don't want to get flamed/banned/black-listed for posting such a thing.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Plans for 'Demon of Doom' were once sold by Flosso-Hornmann (Martinka). I saw it in an old catalog from the mid-1970s.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Peter Diamond still makes and sells the pillory method.Its not a cheapy though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » "Fakir's Ordeal" from J.C. Cannell (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.72 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL