The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Gazzo's Punch Is Quality Work (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
To all who may be interested my name is Doc and I'm a card cheat. I've been a Walter Scott student (not like Gazzo) for over 14 years now and I'm writing this review to let all those who maybe wondering if they should purchase Gazzo's punch to do so if you want real good quality work.

I met Gazzo for the first time in November and when I did meet him I examined his punch to see if it was standard gambling quality and to my surprise it was more than what I expected to see. Besides that, his needle point insertion was perfect and extremely small; and I mean tiny like my work or maybe even smaller.

For the record I make my own punch and I'm proud of it but I don't sell mine so there's no need to ask me to do so but Gazzo's punch is of the same quality work and it's more professionally made.

Bottm line. For those who read my review of his book "The New Phantoms of the Card Table" which is located here at The Magic Café under the thread "Would a Cheat Write This" thought I was just braggin' about my ability but I'm a punch-ologist and I'm vouching for this particular punch product.

Oh one more thing...those other punch products that you may see may work but the real hustler's punch their cards while playing, this leave the sucker with proof positive that you weren't cheating because you were playing with his cards.

If you're a real hustler or a collector you would want Gazzo's punch; I sure do and I can make my own.

Signed

The Doctor aka as D.O.C. Dealer Of Cards.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thanks Doc.

I have been trying to master the punch deal for a long time but I simply can not feel the punch quick enough to react. I just lose the rythym of the deal. My respect to anyone who has do it.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
appl3tard
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of appl3tard
Tommy you just need more time.

I take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy new year Smile.

Jack
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thanks and merry Chistmas. I wish I had time, it's fast running out.

It's funny but just this moment, I think I found something sort of related to this Punch dealing. I washed a deck of Dal Negro 100% plastics and I can feel the diference between the washed ones and a new deck. Think about it!
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2004-12-23 04:10, Unknown419 wrote:
the real hustler's punch their cards while playing, this leave the sucker with proof positive that you weren't cheating because you were playing with his cards.

Hi Doc...

I found this one line interesting and I thought I would write about how I use it as related to magic.

Putting the work in while playing cards is a lot like setting up the next card effect as you go for the next effect or the next table in magic.

There are a lot of card effects out there that are great card effects but they requite a large set up. Sam the bell hop is a great effect but the set up and the stack is to much to make it worth the time - for me.

I also like the Vernon poker deal or routine that was written up in early Vernon and also the Dai Vernon Book of magic. A great effect and a great demo of a poker routine. But the set up is a little to much for my taste as a performer.

I do not like to work with a stacked deck before a show...

My choice for a poker routine where everyone gets a hand and the dealer gets the best hand is the my own GEM poker routine... I find the set up easy because I set up as I perform another effect.

I do a follow simple follow the leader routine that I came up with that was inspired by a follow the leader that Vernon wrote up in his book Early Vernon... This gets the cards I need for the hands and makes setting up the GEM poker routine easy.

That is setting up as I go or putting the work in from a magicians point of view.

The routine I do as a close is the Jack Pyle Bridge deal because after the Gem Poker routine it is nice to talk about bridge and how much money can be lost if they play someone like me. That is the story I use for the audience I am entertaining at that moment...

Setting up as you go or putting the work in while the game is on is a great lesson for magic...

Thanks Doc...
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I bought one of Gazzo's punches at least 10-15 years ago when he visited Rubins in New York. I can say it is the best punch that I have seen and I enjoy working with it.

Personally, I use another punch, if I punch the cards in private. But, if you want to punch in front of a spectator, then the Gazzo punch is excellent, small and easy to conceal.

The only reason I used a different punch in private, is that I did not know how to replace my Gazzo Punch if it got damaged. So, I was trying to make it last longer. However, now that he sells them, that is not as much of a concern.

Enjoy !

Magically yours,
Jeff
Long Island,

New York
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Gazzo's Punch Is Quality Work (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL