The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Moby Deck (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Just saw this available on Ellusionist, saying that it is from Chazpro, but didn't see it on the Chazpro site. Anyone know anything about it, including how "limited edition" it is? Thanks.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I went ahead and ordered one, I'll post a review when it arrives.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
Sounds like it would be good for one of the paul Harris effects from AOF. I can't remeber which effect, but it involved the closer being the deck was solid.
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
Quote:
On 2004-12-30 21:04, Mercury52 wrote:
I went ahead and ordered one, I'll post a review when it arrives.

Kevin

I look forward to reading the review.

David.
curt
View Profile
New user
Rockville, MD
13 Posts

Profile of curt
Quote:
On 2005-01-02 16:36, Jonathan Rice wrote:
Sounds like it would be good for one of the paul Harris effects from AOF. I can't remeber which effect, but it involved the closer being the deck was solid.

That would be "Solid Deception", from the book "Paul Harris Reveals Some of His Most Intimate Secrets" - still one of my favorites.

......curt
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
Yes, that's the one. I love the effect but my decks never stick.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
I used a glue stick as Paul suggested and it worked fine. In fact I just dug out the deck I glued together probably close to 10 years ago (haven't touched it in years) and it still is a solid deck. I do have a Moby Deck on order though as I like the effect and I think the solid brass deck raises it up a notch on the spectator's "What the %@#$!" meter.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Well, my Moby Deck arrived and I really like it. Sitting next to a squared new deck it would be hard to pick out which one was the Moby. You can change the cards on it if you work with other than bicycle cards, just use rubber cement. At one and a half pounds it is heavy. I look forward to seeing the expression on someone's face when they attempt to cut the pack. Figuring out how to carry it will be the tough part due to it's weight. I can't see having it in a jacket pocket...maybe a carrier attached to your belt. I intend on using it at my bar so ringing it in will be easy.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Mine arrived 15 days ago, but I just now got it into my hot little hands (I won't get into my school's crummy mail service). This does indeed feel like it weighs a ton, it's just so dense. It also looks very good, very difficult to tell a real deck from the Moby. The Moby is a little thinner than the deck I compared to, but the real deck isn't brand new, so may be a little thicker than it used to be. The edges of the Moby are good, and I feel will stand up to some scrutiny. It doesn't have the 100% realism of a glue-sticked deck (I put them each next to each other) but it's really good. Very white, like an untouched deck. Frankly, if your audience isn't expecting it, they won't be looking terribly close, and I think the weight of it will smack an audience upside the head better than a normal glued deck would. Worth the money if you use a routine where you need a solid deck at the end, or maybe if you want a good paperweight that looks like a bicycle deck.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Moby Deck (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL