The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Best rose to silk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

allan31
View Profile
Regular user
everywhere
145 Posts

Profile of allan31
Hi!
I just watched the DVD "magic on sea" from Greg Frewin. In one of his routines, he had on his table one green stem with a white silk rolled into a rose. The silk was 24"x24"
Please, could you tell me where I could find that.
best regards
allan
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
You can make it by adding a traditional rose to silk gimmick on a stem or I could make one up.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Allan:

I haven't seen the DVD, but I'm pretty that Richard is correct. There is an accesory that holds a rolled up silk in position on your lapel - it makes the rolled up silk look like a flower. You simply pull the silk out and you have the transformation.

You can take this little accesory and attach it to a fake rose stem, just like Richard suggested. Personally, I'd have Richard make it for me, but if you want to do it yourself, it's not hard. You can buy the "Flower to Silk" accesory from http://www.nnmagic.com for $10.00 (U.S. dollars).

I hope this helps you.

Ron
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I use the Norm Nielson Rose to Silk in my stage act. Works very well. In a pinch you can use a straight pin and just roll the silk. Duane Laflin has a rose to silk in one of his silk magic videos but I forget which one.
allan31
View Profile
Regular user
everywhere
145 Posts

Profile of allan31
Hi !

Many thanks for your answers.
best regards
allan
Foxbiz
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
208 Posts

Profile of Foxbiz
Tom Jones of Wild Magic uses M*****s for his Rose on Lapel to silk. Same could be used with a stem. Check out his website for the gimmicks.
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
There were at least three manufacturers of the long stemmed rose to silk. Norm Nielsen was one of them, but I don't think he does the long stemmed version any more. I have one of the Nielsen long stem versions in my possession. I can't remember the names of the other manufacturers. One was little known and the second was recognizable, but it slips my mind.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Best rose to silk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL