The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Scarne on Cards VS. Scarne's Encyclop. of Cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
Hi guys,
I know this is not entirely magic related but...

I was wondering if anyone who has both or has read both can tell me the difference between Scarne on Cards VS. Scarne's Encyclopedia of Cards?

Is Scarne's Encyclopedia of Cards a updated repackaging or an entirely different book from Scarne on Cards?

Which is better?

Thanks a lot.
LordPH
View Profile
Regular user
Suomi
189 Posts

Profile of LordPH
I Think we are talking about Scarne on Cards & Scarne on Card Games?
I Have both. Difference between these two is that Card Games book contain rules of many popular card game and techniques and much more how to cheat in game. Scarne on Cards includes many great tricks and sleights.

There is also Scarne´s Encyclopedia of Card Games. I don´t know is that the same book? All I know that contains rules too...
Lucas Ace

Ultimatemagic.Net
Helsinki Street Team
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Search Amazon for "Scarne" and you'll get listings for all of his books. He wrote many books for the public, the Encyclopedia of Card Games would be a good reference if you wanted to know all the rules of Bridge, Solitaire, various types of Poker, etc. Scarne on Cards is supposed to tell you the optimal strategies for playing some of the different types of games you can gamble at, but I've heard people criticize his strategies for Blackjack, in one example.

However, you can find both books used through Amazon pretty cheaply (less than a buck each - shipping will cost more than the book!) so why not buy them both? He was an entertaining writer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Scarne on Cards VS. Scarne's Encyclop. of Cards? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL