The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Improved Elevator 2 by Peter Loughran » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..22~23~24 [Next]
RabbitsRevenge
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of RabbitsRevenge
Oh...about too many posts regarding this effect.....
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well here is the real reason why I would love to have it before march wookie. the inspection is going to hit us both the NSI and ORI so I would love to give a post briefing and all of the sudden I begin to levitate. I bet you I would get outstanding performer .that and the fact I know all my S@#t.
Sam Griffin
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
170 Posts

Profile of Sam Griffin
Lol magicians are very !@#$%y arn't they Peter. Smile

Posted: Jan 26, 2005 2:03am
Oh, btw that wasn't directed at you either peter!! Just agreeing with RabiitsRevenge.
Your the man..man.
"When we are on stage, we are in the here and now."
"The eye is the window of your soul."

"The PERFORMER must BELIEVE in everything that takes place on the stage, only then will the AUDIENCE BELIEVE!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2005-01-25 22:09, RabbitsRevenge wrote:
Oh...about too many posts regarding this effect.....
Sam Griffin
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
170 Posts

Profile of Sam Griffin
I hope that wasn't directed towards me, Mr Davidson.
"When we are on stage, we are in the here and now."
"The eye is the window of your soul."

"The PERFORMER must BELIEVE in everything that takes place on the stage, only then will the AUDIENCE BELIEVE!
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of 1908
[quote]On 2004-12-24 22:24, 1908 wrote:
A new elevator will be out soon, better and with many improvements! It is a new
invisible compact device that will allow your spectators too see under your feet while you levitate!!!
Check the following link:
http://www.masterofillusions.ca/master_o......oon1.htm

Elevator 2
----------
Since our last update there have been even more improvements made to this new leap in Self Levitations. The new E2 will add several amazing new features. It is a new
invisible compact device that will allow your spectators too see under your feet while you levitate, do this without squatting, carry it all day without any special clothing!

Please Note that this is an entirely new unit and the first run of 250 units will be a limited run production and will only be available to those who have purchased the original unit prior to the release of E2. The original unit is still in stock so get yours today before the release of E2. Due to unexpected manufacturing obstacles the release is set for 2005, no price structures have been officially released.
NOW IN PRODUCTION!!!!!

We are now completing our 6 demo versions which will be sent out to our beta testers before the new year.

We expect to make the official announcement By January 2nd and start accepting preorders. The first run of 250 units is set for shipping in the last week of January 2005.
Support the original, and look out for cheap imitations and similar knock offs, claiming to be original while only adding magnets, or simply being done from the side with the same gimmick. By supporting the original you will soon have access to one of the most angle friendly and practical new self levitations ever invented- Elevator 2 One step beyond!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Something is telling me that this will become a long thread as always with Peter's products...
Please do not start asking Peter all those silly questions!
I would prefer to read just one full post from Peter telling us all tips he would like to give about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL!!!I can really predict the future!I was sure this thread would become so long...Smile
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
I don't mind the fluff in the video, it was fun. Just would like a couple more shots of the E2 as well, as someone stated already, possibly a couple angle shots or done in a diffrent location or two.

But still happy to get whatever demo is put out and appreciate you taking time to put one together.

PS.. I didn't get the humor until you mentioned it, but liked the fluff anyway.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2005-01-26 10:29, Sam Griffin wrote:
I hope that wasn't directed towards me, Mr Davidson.

It wasn't, and call me Larry.
wookiee
View Profile
New user
Colorado Springs
95 Posts

Profile of wookiee
Who was it that originally asked Peter if they needed to drive around in their SUV and sneak in to a dark warehouse in order to perform the e2? HAHA - that cracked me up.

That would be sweet to levitate at the end of your out brief, paisa - lol. The look one the IGs' faces would be hilarious!!!

-Jeremy
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Peter, yo need to wash your "nice" car. don't they have car washing maschines in canada?! Im still using your Elevator 1, some people are still in shock status. I havent seen them for many months, hehehee....

Mats
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Yeaah I know wookie. but hey all in due time. there will be other inspections. I wonder if this post has nineteen pages and the other one is at 15 pages. Peter is going to be raking in it after he releases to the public.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Evertime I used E2 someone said "looks like youre standing on something!" I guess I shouldve worked at it more before I begged Hocus pocus to return it....

at any rate, Ive yet to be busted with the all too common Baladuci levitation.

E2 looks better, the gimmick doesn't seem so bulky, from what I can see.
just gotta find that smokey warehouse, and I'm all set! J.K.

I respect the fertile minds of the creators of magic...its what keeps me looking for new effects...it keeps getting better and better...
so turban off to all those inovative minds!

Posted: Jan 26, 2005 2:59pm
Sorry, evertime I used E1! peoples said that!!!
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
The video is now on Peters site

http://www.masterofillusions.ca/elevator_2_demo.htm

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Peter looked like Bond driving around town. Cool video!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
magik1
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of magik1
This is probably the worst trick I have ever seen!!!
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Any particular reason magik1?

Chappelly
magik1
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of magik1
Apart from the video being poorly filmed ( you can hardly even see whats going on ) the trick just doesn't look any good. I just don't think it looks like your actually "floating", more like standing on something. The video/room is so dark he could be standing on anything black and you wouldnt be able to see it. Would like to hear what poeple who have it have to say.
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Magik1,

Nobody has E2 yet, it isn't scheduled to be shipped until next month. Here is a post where Peter talks about the quality of the video:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=3940914

** Bill **
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Just watched the video and I'm just curious as to why Peter would have to go into a smoke filled warehouse to perform this effect. Why not show it in broad daylight, perhaps as soon as he stepped out of his car? The only thing I would buy based on the video is his car. Oops it's a Tracker...wouldn't buy that either.
wthierry
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of wthierry
The elevator is a trick that takes a lot of balance to get right. Its not a miracle levitation, that doesn't exist, but it is a utility like a thumbtip a novice can use a thumbtip and ruin an effect, but someone who has practiced and figured out how to show the hand empty, slowly, and still not expose the tip can get things by even people in the KNOW. If you put the time into Elevator,it will pay off. From what I understand, elevator 2 is just an upgrade to the elevator 1, so some portion will be easier, whether it be bulkiness, or just plain comfort. Either way you win as long as you practice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Improved Elevator 2 by Peter Loughran » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL